The Global Regional School System is looking for a Regional Finance Manager for East/Northeast Bronx Region.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
The Archdiocese of New York has reorganized 90 of its elementary schools into a Global Regional School System (GRSS), with nine geographic school regions. Each one has a local, centralized business office that supports 5-15 schools. The entire GRSS is supported by the Global Regional School System Treasury Operations, which is responsible for the collection, processing, recording, transfer, outflow and reporting of all funds within the regional school system. The GRSS Treasury Operations will be the conduit for all financial reporting. The GRSS Treasury Operations will collect, process, and record data in order to provide a clear financial picture of each region/school. The GRSS Finance and Accounting Services team works closely with school principals to provide direct financial administrative support.
Reporting to the Director of Budgeting and Treasury Operations, the Regional Finance Manager’s primary responsibility is to develop, analyze, and monitor the annual budget process and ongoing fiscal results.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Develop and analyze general school budgets for assigned region
- Develop and analyze proposed UPK school budgets for assigned region with guidance and input from the Director of UPK Accounting
- Monitor activity in individual school’s General Ledger for adherence to annual budget
- Signoff on invoices for expenses incurred at Regional Schools
- Conduct analytical review of financial information on a monthly basis to identify significant budget variances at schools and region
- Analyze monthly budget variances
- Monitor tuition collections and follow up with principals and families when needed
- Apply “Economies of Scale” while purchasing for Regional Schools
- Monitor restricted donations and releases at school and regional level
- Work cohesively with Superintendant of Schools Office on government related programs
- Attend and present financials at school level Advisory Board meetings
- Conduct monthly meetings with Regional Principals to discuss budget versus actual spending
- Approve and signoff on Employee Requisition Form for new hires & Employee Action Form for changes in status for current employees in regional schools
- Assist The Office of The Superintendant of Schools in facilitating the strategic vision & future of Catholic Education in the schools of The Archdiocese of New York in performing other duties as assigned
- Responsible for attending and scheduling all Board Committee meetings and meetings of the Board of Trustees, including preparing agendas, recording meetings and ensuring minutes of meetings are prepared and filed in the corporate minute book including all notices and resolutions of the Board of Trustees and the Members
- Conduct all official correspondence of the Catholic School Region and be responsible to affix the corporate seal to all instruments requiring it, and keep such other records and perform such other duties as may be assigned to the Corporate Secretary by the Chair/President, the Board, or the By-laws
Essential Qualifications & Skills:
- BS in Accounting and a minimum of five years accounting experience with at least three years of budgeting experience.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong analytical & interpersonal skills.
- Proven experience working in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task, is detail-oriented and highly organized.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, web-based environment.
- Protective of the confidentiality of information received for analysis and review, including employee data
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
- Experience with ConnectNow Accounting, Microsoft Sharepoint, Smart Tuition and Paychex a plus.