The Child Nutrition Program is looking for a Project Manager.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Department of Education/Child Nutrition Program
TITLE: Project Manager
REPORTS TO: Director, Child Nutrition Program
POSITION OVERVIEW: Working Full-Time under the supervision of the Director of Child Nutrition and School Food Management Service. The Project Manager is responsible for assisting the Director with the management, direction and coordination of programs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists with management of all operations of the Archdiocese of NY Child Nutrition Program (CNP).
- Assists the Operations and Compliance manager with new efficiencies
- Oversees the professional development of the internal staff by coordinating relevant training courses and seminars.
- Responsible for organizing and leading the program for National School Breakfast Week, which includes curriculum related activities and promotional related activities.
- Assists in the coordination of school food service programs diocese wide for ensuring that programs are administered in accordance with Federal laws, USDA regulations, and Archdiocese policies.
- Monitors related financial activity in food services for purpose of ensuring allocations are accurate, related revenues are generated and fiscal practices are being followed.
- Implements assigned activities and/or projects for purpose of complying with regulatory requirements and established guidelines.
- Participates in meetings, workshops and seminars
- Implement and expand the Breakfast program, CACFP (Child and Adult Care Food Program), BIC (Breakfast in the Classroom), and FFVP (Fresh Fruits & Vegetables Program), and Special Milk program.
- Prepares a variety of records and reports for the purpose of documenting activities, providing written reference, and/or conveying information.
- Responds to inquiries of students, staff and the public for providing information and/or direction.
- Travels to school sites daily to observe, monitor and review implemented programs, policies and procedures.
- Assists, plans and participates in employee orientation and training and professional development
- Assists all Child Nutrition personnel with project related programs.
- Microsoft Office
- CNP Knowledge Center
- School Nutrition Association Member
- New York State Nutrition Association Member