The Superintendent of Schools is looking for a Director of Enrollment – Rockland & Ulster/Sullivan/Orange Regions.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Mayra.Diaz@archny.org
The Director of Enrollment will work collaboratively with the Office of the Superintendent and the principal and staff at the regional elementary schools in the regions of Rockland and Ulster/Sullivan/Orange to increase school enrollment by helping to recruit and retain students.
As an ambassador for the outstanding elementary school programs of the Archdiocese of New York and the regions of Rockland and Ulster/Sullivan/Orange, the Director of Enrollment will help empower parents to choose a Catholic education. She/he will introduce families to the benefits of Catholic elementary education and provide the tools for them to make an informed decision about the education path for their children.
REPORTS TO: Associate Superintendent for Enrollment and Retention
The Director of Enrollment will serve as a member of the team that develops the enrollment goals and the lead cultivation and conversion strategies for student recruitment and engagement strategies for student retention that will result in meeting those stated goals. This role is responsible for helping generate leads for prospective applicants and converting them to applicants and then enrolled students. The Director of Enrollment is responsible for helping school leadership to encourage student retention via various family engagement and follow-up activities.
The Director of Enrollment will support school staff in implementing general ADNY and school/regional specific programs and activities to recruit and retain students.
- The Director of Enrollment will recruit prospective students by conducting open houses, mall intercepts, phone call campaigns, and community outreach events in selected territory, new family/accepted students’ receptions; cultivate selected territory by developing relationships with parish pastors, community based organization directors, and by increasing application and deposit activity; provide regular territory analysis and feedback.
- She/he will provide support to the schools to optimize their family engagement opportunities.
The Director of Enrollment will work to identify, plan and coordinate, community outreach opportunities to increase visibility and promote the Regional schools to prospective families, driving applications and enrollment. The Director of Enrollment is responsible for the planning and implementation of audience-specific programs that will generate interest and demand for the local Regional schools. This individual will be responsible for executing, tracking, and reporting on these plans with an expectation of continued assessment to improve results and conversions.
The Directors of Enrollment will be responsible for ongoing phone and email contact with families at each stage of the enrollment process. Phone and email campaigns will include encouraging prospective applicants from a variety of pools to submit an application, following up with accepted students to help them enroll, and engaging with current families to help retain their students.
This individual will develop in-depth knowledge about the Regional schools, their academic and extracurricular programs, as well as financial assistance and scholarship opportunities, and articulate these programs in a manner consistent with Archdiocesan standards, to prospective and current students, their families, and the community.
Working with the Director of Digital and Social Media Marketing, the individual will help develop and drive the implementation of a school level social media strategy consistent with the overall ADNY recruitment and communication strategy. The Director of Enrollment will also help in the development of the materials used for recruitment and retention.
The position involves use and analysis of data and systems related to recruitment and retention. She/he will maintain a database of prospective students; and provide information and responses to requests regarding admissions procedures, financial aid and scholarship.
The Director of Enrollment will aid in further development and ongoing improvements to the Admissions and Financial Assistance systems.
Responsibilities also include correspondence with students, alumni, pastors, and principals; attendance at local community fairs, and hosting information sessions for students and their families.
The Director of Enrollment will perform other duties as required to meet organizational needs and goals for recruitment and retention.
- A commitment to the mission of Catholic elementary education, vision and core values is required.
- Ability and willingness to articulate the benefits of Catholic elementary education
- A bachelor’s degree required; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum of three years experience in admissions/recruitment, communications public relations, marketing or in a school-based role.
- Knowledge and experience with Microsoft Office Suite required
- The ideal candidate will be able to think critically, problem-solve, take initiative, handle multiple projects simultaneously, and efficiently meet deadlines.
- Organized, effective time manager with strong attention to detail and the ability to prioritize multiple tasks with minimal supervision.
- Excellent public communication, writing, and presentation skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills to work effectively with a diverse group of people, including parents, students, principals, Superintendent’s Central Office staff and Regional Office staff, Marketing and Communications staff, and other stake holders, ie. Pastors, Regional Business Manager, Board of Trustees, and various committees.
- Sense of humor, creativity, and flexibility
- Strong work ethic with a high degree of professionalism
- The ability to work a flexible schedule that includes evening or weekend hours when needed for outreach and follow up efforts with families.
- A valid driver’s license in order to regularly visit schools in the region.