The Global Regional School System is looking for an Staff Accountant – Payables.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
ARCHDIOCESE OF NEW YORK
GLOBAL REGIONAL SCHOOL SYSTEM
STAFF ACCOUNTANT – PAYABLES
The Archdiocese of New York has reorganized 94 of its elementary schools into a Global Regional School System (GRSS), with nine geographic school districts. Each one has a local, centralized business office that supports 8-15 schools. The entire GRSS is supported by the Global Regional School System Treasury Operations, which is responsible for the collection, processing, recording, transfer, outflow and reporting of all funds within the regional school system. The GRSS Treasury Operations will be the conduit for all financial reporting. The GRSS Treasury Operations will collect, process, and record data in order to provide a clear financial picture of each region/school.
Reporting to the Accounts Payable Supervisor, the Staff Accountant’s primary responsibility is assisting the Schools and Regional Offices in the processing of credit cards and accounts payable.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Function as account administrator, and primary point of contact for the credit card program.
- Monitor and review credit card transactions within the online banking system.
- Ensure all supporting backup is present for credit card charges.
- Review general ledger system to ensure accuracy of the transaction import from the credit card system.
- Assist in reviewing the accounts payable using PARISHSOFT (general ledger system).
- Work with Accounting Coordinators to resolve any invoice/vendor related issues.
- Review invoices for overall compliance with GRSS policy (appropriate authorized signor, correct general ledger account coding, and invoices initialed as verification of receipt of goods or services).
- Respond to requests for information relating to status of unpaid invoices.
- Upload journal into ParishSOFT Connect Now (when necessary).
- Save supporting files in the Common Drive for distribution.
- Ensure files are properly maintained.
- Other related duties as required by management.
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting/Finance
- At least 1 year of relevant experience in accounts payable processing
- Experience with Bank of America Works a plus
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Attention to detail with strong time management and organizational skills, with the ability to multi-task, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Exceptional analytical skills, pro-active and a good problem solver
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, high-volume web-based environment
- Quick learner, creative, self-starter with good judgment and high energy