Institutional Commodity Services (ICS) is looking for an Accounting Manager.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Dorota.Czyzewska@nyics.org
Position Description: Institutional Commodity Services (ICS) is the central purchasing office for parishes, schools and Catholic institutions in the Greater New York area. Founded and headquartered in the Archdiocese of New York, it also serves the Archdiocese of Newark and the Dioceses of Albany, Bridgeport, Brooklyn and Camden.
The accounting manager is responsible for administering effective accounting guidelines and procedures supporting the financial strategies and activities of ICS. The accounting manager reports to the Executive Director of ICS.
- Manage monthly and year-end closing of financial records and posting of month-end and year-end
- Maintain journals for accruals, inventory, depreciation, and other necessary adjustments to journal entries.
- Prepare monthly financial statements for ICS and related organizations.
- Supervise ICS support staff and oversee accounts receivable and payable Train and evaluate employees to enhance their performance.
- Respond to financial questions/concerns of the Finance Office of the Archdiocese of New York.
- Identify process improvement opportunities to enhance retail sales, financial and informational
- Act as liaison between the Archdiocese and outside accounting firm in connection with year- end audits and ensure that proper information is maintained for historical
- Prepare and recommend department budget for approval. Monitor spending for adherence to budget and identify variances as
- Establish/maintain cyclical schedules (biweekly, monthly, quarterly) for the major ICS accounting functions.
- Provide reports and analyses for the Executive Director, as directed.
- Assure that policies, practices, methods and procedures conform to the professional standards and to the mission and ethical values of the
- During an initial staff transition period, review equipment sourcing proposals prepared by sales representatives and assist in establishing pricing for all products sold.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting
- Minimum 3-year supervisory experience required
- Public accounting experience preferred; CPA preferred
- Working knowledge of Catholic church structure and organization
- Well-organized, with ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel; knowledge of Lawson a plus