Institutional Commodity Services (ICS) is looking for an Accounts Payable Clerk.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Institutional Commodity Services (ICS)
Accounts Payable Clerk
Position Description: Institutional Commodity Services (ICS) is the central purchasing office for parishes, schools and Catholic institutions in the Greater New York area. Founded and headquartered in the Archdiocese of New York, it also serves the Archdiocese of Newark and the Dioceses of Albany, Bridgeport, Brooklyn and Camden.
The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible to process and monitor payments and expenditures in the areas of purchasing, office services, child nutrition, and cafeteria. He or she reports to the ICS Director of Accounting.
Coordinate and Manage
- Use Lawson accounting system daily to prepare and process vendor invoices while ensuring proper approvals are obtained.
- Ensure accurate General Ledger account coding.
- For all areas, match purchase orders with vendor invoices.
- Generate customer invoices.
- Follow up with vendors to minimize past due invoices and avoid account holds.
- For the cafeteria, process monthly catering charges and bill directly to appropriate departments.
- Process internal credits for vendors and customers.
- Maintain a clean AP Aging report and reconcile vendor statements.
- Resolve variances with all vendors and departments.
- Assist with monthly and year-end closing responsibilities.
- Assist with year-end audit.
- Associates degree in accounting, finance, or related field
- Minimum three years experience in accounts payable
- Working knowledge of Catholic church structure and organization
- Well-organized, with ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; bi-lingual capacity a plus
- Excellent computer skills, especially Microsoft Excel; Lawson accounting system knowledge a plus