The Global Regional School System is looking for an Accounts Payable Clerk.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
ARCHDIOCESE OF NEW YORK
GLOBAL REGIONAL SCHOOL SYSTEM
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE CLERK
The Archdiocese of NY has reorganized 92 of its elementary schools into a Global Regional School System (GRSS), with nine geographic school regions. Each one has a local, centralized business office that supports 8-12 schools. The entire Global Regional School System is supported by the GRSS Financial Operations, which is responsible for the collection, processing, recording, transfer, outflow and reporting of all funds regional school system.
The Accounts Payable Clerk will report to the Assistant Controller and is also supervised by the Accounts Payable Supervisor. The Accounts Payable Clerk is responsible to ensure cash disbursements are properly prepared, documented, authorized and processed on a timely basis.
Responsibilities and Duties:
• Timely and accurate processing of Accounts Payable transactions
• Review invoices for overall compliance with GRSS policy, (appropriate authorized signor, correct general ledger account coding, and invoices initialed as verification of receipt of goods or services)
• Review invoices and other documentation, for accuracy
• Interface with Accounting Coordinators and Treasury Supervisors to resolve documentation and other issues
• Respond to requests for information relating to status of unpaid invoices
• Follow-up with Accounting Coordinators to ensure payments are processed timely
• Ensure files are properly maintained
• Other related duties as assigned
• College Degree in Accounting preferred
• 2 or more years related experience managing accounts payable department
• Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint and ParishSoft/ConnectNow a plus
• Excellent organizational, analytical, interpersonal skills; with the ability to multi-task utilizing time management skills
• Ability to effectively communicate information to (especially via email and phone) and work with all levels of the organization
• Able to be self-motivated with the ability to work with minimal instruction, team orientated, and flexible