Archdiocese of New York
Staten Island Regional Catechetical Office
Provides principle administrative support for the Regional Office. Maintains a close and highly responsive relationship with the day-to-day activities of the Regional Director. Works fairly independently, receiving a minimum of detailed supervision and guidance.
Carries out recurring office procedures independently. Regional Director provides specific instructions on new assignments and checks completed work for accuracy. Performs varied duties including or comparable to the following:
• Maintain an accurate record of office expenses; prepare and submit reimbursement and requests for payment in a timely manner; follow up with Catechetical Office’s Assistant to the Director when needed.
• Maintain updated database of Directors/Coordinators of Religious Education in Staten Island.
• Maintain office files in an orderly and accurate manner, following established records retention procedures.
• Screen telephone calls and greet visitors.
• Maintain inventory of catechetical forms and reorder when necessary.
• Collect and tabulate yearly reports and information from the parishes (including but not limited to sacrament dates, retreat dates, family catechesis dates, catechist lists, crisis plans, and yearly program calendars according to established due dates; type information in tabular format; follow-up with the parishes.
• Prepare materials and plan refreshments for monthly regional meetings take accurate meeting notes and type the minutes.
• Facilitate communication and prepare correspondence with the parish Directors/Coordinators and pastors as necessary.
• Order office and copier supplies when needed; call copier repair/maintenance when necessary.
• High school diploma; some college preferred.
• Knowledgeable of office procedures and practices previous office experience working as a secretary.
• Computer literate; proficient in Microsoft Office or equivalent, familiarity with other programs a plus.
• Strong organizational and social skills.