The Office of Adult Faith Formation is looking for an Administrative Assistant for RCIA Programs.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Primary Responsibility: Provide administrative and project support for the Catechumenate (RCIA) programs and the New York Catholic Bible Summit
Professional Level: At least 3-5 years experience and Bachelor’s degree
Direct Supervisor: Director of the Catechumenate
- Performs varied clerical duties requiring knowledge of office routine and an understanding of the organization, programs and procedures related to the work of the Adult Faith Formation Office.
- Anticipates and prepare materials needed by the Director for conferences, training programs, correspondence, appointments, meetings, telephone calls, etc., and informs Director on matters to be considered.
- Screens telephone calls, visitors, and incoming correspondence; and may determine dispositions of requests; refers calls and visitors to appropriate staff.
- Facilitates communication and prepares correspondence with the parish directors / coordinators of the Catechumenate (RCIA) as directed by the Director.
- Maintains the director’s calendar, makes appointments, scheduling tentative appointments, and arranges for meeting rooms.
- Reviews materials prepared for director’s approval for typographical accuracy and proper format.
- Orders and maintains office supplies and resource materials as directed by the Director.
- Helps prepare and monitor budget expenses and receipts for Catechumenate (RCIA) events and projects including the processing of invoices.
- Assists in the coordination and registration of the following annual Archdiocesan RCIA Ceremonies;
- Archdiocesan Rite of Election
- Cathedral RCIA Neophyte Mass.
- Assists in the coordination of the following Catechumenate (RCIA) initiatives:
- Basic Leadership Training for the Catechumenate (RCIA) and RCIA Catechist Institutes
- RCIA Advisory Council Meetings
- RCIA Network Gatherings
- Archdiocesan RCIA Forum
- Archdiocesan Adult Confirmation Program
- Assists in the coordination of the New York Catholic Bible Summit.
- Assists with other duties that may be required from the Director of Adult Faith Formation
- Proficiency in English and Spanish
- Willingness to attend weekend and evening events
- Excellent organizational skills and computer proficiency
- Ability to execute timely completion and accuracy of assigned projects