The Department of Education – Superintendent of Schools Office is looking for an Administrative Assistant – Teacher Personnel Office.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Administrative Assistant, Office of Teacher Personnel
- Teacher Personnel
- Respond to telephone and email communications from DOE staff, principals, pastors, schools’ payroll managers/benefit administrators, Medical and Pension Departments.
- Calculate and maintain theoretical W-2’s and Pension (APP and Supplemental) for FCT Union officers.
- Receive invoices from the Archdiocese of NY Legal Department and prepare Approved for Payment Voucher.
- Update and keep accurate school principals’ mailing list
- Attend twice-yearly Archdiocese of NY Principals’ meeting.
- Remain knowledgeable of the Collective Bargaining Agreement contract.
- Assist the Associate Superintendent with various reports throughout the year.
- Update monthly memos to principals for Associate Superintendent to distribute.
- Assist Medical and Pension regarding teachers when needed.
- Prepare materials for New Teachers Workshop and New Principal Workshops.
- Maintain working relationship with Medical, Pension and GFCC-Finance/Human Resources.
- Manage record keeping of Union dues of John Cardinal O’Connor School
- Receive monthly teachers’ dues in arrears report from the Union and contact Parish school principals when necessary.
- Review yearly contracts from the ACS schools for accuracy and completion and maintain on file.
- Receive and maintain yearly faculty lists from the ACS schools.
- Receive and maintain yearly Community Sick Bank data from ACS schools and send the Union a report.
- Hiring Lists for Teachers
- Collect and review placement forms of ACS teachers, both elementary and high school, who have been laid-off/downsized or from a closing school
- Compile information per contract guidelines and keep current all hiring lists.
- Receive placement forms from [closing only] private Archdiocesan schools, and compile a hiring list to help teachers connect to openings in the Archdiocese of NY.
- Assist Associate Superintendent when ACS principals have open positions. Keep accurate records of requests and teacher contacts given from the hiring lists.
- Contract Negotiations
- Assist the Associate Superintendent with reports to the Union during negotiations.
- Secure meeting rooms and food for DOE/FCT Ongoing Contract Negotiations.
- Distribute Collective Bargaining Agreement Books.
- Assist in the ratified CBA drafts and proofreading and be a liaison to the outside printer.
- Closing Schools
- Prepare “Principal of a closing school” guideline folders.
- Assist in preparing reports requested by the Union during Effects Bargaining (negotiations for teachers’ possible severance).
- Compile database of teachers from closing schools.
- Maintain any severance package and disseminate data to designated finance reps for payment to teachers.
- Receive and maintain teachers’ requested school records for transfer to new school.
- Liaison between Medical/Pension/Employee Benefits Connection and principals.
- Detail and Priority Oriented
- Expert proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel)
- Excellent organizational, analytical, and interpersonal skills; with the ability to multi-task utilizing time management skills
- Ability to effectively communicate information via email and phone within our organization and schools