The Safe Environment Office is looking for an Administrative Assistant.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
SAFE ENVIRONMENT OFFICE
POSITION TITLE: Administrative Assistant
Working under the supervision of the Director of the Safe Environment Office, responsible for providing administrative support for background checks and compliance initiatives, as well as general office support.
- Provide administrative support for performing background checks, including data entry, relations with the background check contractor on technical issues, and responding to questions and issues arising from background checks.
- Provide administrative support for compliance initiatives, including assisting in identifying institutions for compliance efforts, generating reports for parish visitations, and following up with results from parish visitations.
- Perform general administrative and clerical duties, including: filing, data entry, record keeping, and preparing materials for mailing.
- Dealing with telephone calls from Archdiocesan agencies regarding Office policies and practices.
- Assisting the other members of the Office staff in their administrative duties.
- Perform varied duties requiring knowledge of Office programs, policies and procedures.
- Strong organizing skills, particularly in the maintenance of orderly files.
- Strong and accurate data entry skills.
- Knowledge of basic administrative and clerical duties.
- Ability to communicate, both written and verbally, in an articulate and professional manner.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Outlook, Access, Excel, Word, and other Office applications.
- Must be willing to support and promote the Catholic identity and mission of the Office, and the Office’s mission for ensuring a safe environment for children.