The Seminary of the Immaculate Conception, Huntington is looking for a Administrative Assistant – Part-Time
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Saint Joseph’s Seminary & College
Position Title: Part-Time Administrative Assistant
Purpose: Performs a variety of office functions in support of associate dean & students
Location of Campus: Huntington, New York
Direct Supervisor: Christine Hammill-Cregan
Essential Position Duties and Responsibilities:
- Represents an administrative and academic presence of St. Joseph Seminary in the academic office. Supports associate dean and students, work which includes but is not limited to: filing, photocopying, faxing, document drafting, assisting with preparations for internal/external functions, turning on the video-linked technology with the other campuses.
- Flexible with work hours. Usual schedule, worked on with the associate dean:
Usual hours: Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday from 5pm – 8pm
Most Saturdays during the semester: 8am – 1pm
- Perform other duties as required by the associate dean, academic dean, or the rector.
- Welcomes and directs all visitors to designated meeting location, answers the phone promptly and routes calls to the appropriate person or department.
- Assures the readiness of the academic office for each working day; be ready to welcome the visitors at the designated start time and promptly have all activities fully operational at the start of the business hours.
- Monitors and maintains all office equipment (i.e. copier, fax, and postage machines) and inventory relevant to St. Joseph’s academic office.
- Replenishes the seminary’s promotional materials located at the reception lobby and the posting of information, as needed.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Education preferred: Associate Degree
- Minimum qualification of one year’s work experience in customer service; additional qualification as an Administrative assistant a plus.
- Maintains on-call status. Possible shift time schedules; evenings, days, and weekends.
- Flexibility according to seminary need.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Word, Excel, and other office applications.
- Open to learn new technologies
- Familiar with the Blackbaud LMS
- Experience with data entry and developing reports.
- Handles confidential information with tact and discretion.
- Ability to work independently or as a team player.
- Possesses the demeanor and ability to adjust to priorities or situations as they occur.
- Good organizational and effective communication skills.
- Bilingual language skills a plus.