GLOBAL REGIONAL SCHOOL SYSTEM
FINANCE AND ACCOUNTING SERVICES UNIT
Part-time Administrative Support Staff
The Archdiocese of New York has reorganized 59 of its elementary schools into a Global Regional School System (GRSS), with nine geographic school regions. Each one has a local, centralized business office that supports 9-15 schools. The entire GRSS is supported by the Global Regional School System Treasury Operations, which is responsible for the collection, processing, recording, transfer, outflow and reporting of all funds within the regional school system. The GRSS Finance and Accounting Services team works closely with school principals to provide direct financial administrative support.
Reporting to the Accounting Supervisor, the Administrative Support Staff will work closely with the Accounting Coordinators to ensure proper workflow and organization at the regional offices.
Responsibilities and Duties
The Administrative Support Staff will assist the Accounting Coordinators and Accounting Supervisor with administrative tasks, including:
- Assist the Accounting Coordinators in processing vendor invoices ,consolidated bills, and maintain accounts payable files.
- Assist the Accounting Coordinators with recording school level bank deposits .
- Assist with reconciling credit card transactions.
- Copy, scan, file and upload supporting documentation to the shared drives.
- Follow-up with the schools and/or vendors for any missing supporting documentation.
- Complete and assist in other tasks as directed by the Accounting Supervisor.
- Perform duties of the accounting coordinators as needed.
- Flexible to travel between regional offices as needed.
- Minimum 1 year experience in office support role is preferred.
- Ability to multi-task, be organized and detail-oriented.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Be able to work in a team environment to assist in carrying out the overall function of the regional office.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results oriented, web-based environment.
- Proficient in Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with Financial Edge NXT a plus.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Margaret.Broughal@archny.org