Reporting to the Director of Parish Finance, the Associate Director of Parish Finance is responsible for overseeing and supporting the Financial and Administrative operations of the parishes and schools within the Deanery. The position will also serve as a liaison for these parishes and parish schools to the Archdiocesan Finance Office. Position also has a reporting line to the Director of Parish Training/Reporting.
Identify, develop, and coordinate resources to assist pastors and administrators in financial reporting and operations. Troubleshoot and resolve issues and/or refer the pastors and administrators to the appropriate resources. Ensure accurate monthly recording and reporting of financial information on the ConnectNow Accounting software.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Liaison with outside accountants, parish bookkeepers and secretaries within the deanery to assist the parishes in financial reporting and operations. Ensure that regular accountant and bookkeeping meetings are held at the parish.
- Ensure compliance with Archdiocesan financial and operational procedures.
- Visit parishes on a regular basis to meet with pastors and parish staff on financial and administrative matters.
- Ensure that all budgets and financial reports are collected and verify that the information is correct.
- Analyze parishes’ operating practices in the areas of record keeping and accounting, develop controls, and suggest revisions to established procedures.
- Communicate operating policies and procedures to the parishes within the deanery and serve as a representative for the Finance Office at the deanery meetings.
- Coordinate with the Archdiocesan Construction Management Consultant to establish and monitor preventive maintenance program for all buildings.
- Become thoroughly familiar with the parishes in the deanery and develop management, narrative, financial, and statistical reports for weekly submission to the Finance Office.
- Become certified in ParishSoft Accounting Software to ensure the complete and up-to-date recording of financial information.
- Maintain certification in the use of ParishSoft Accounting Software by working with a parish within their deanery and the Director of Parish Training/Reporting.
- Ensure that Parishes/Parish Schools pay their Consolidated Invoices as soon as possible. If they cannot, assist the Pastor/Principal through the IPF process.
- Support the Pastor through the IPF application process. Sign-off on the IPF application to ensure that the information is thorough and accurate.
- Assist the IPF board and sub-committee members as needed to complete the subvention approval process.
- Analyze parishes’ financial operations as part of the Request For Authorization (‘RFA’) process.
- Assist the Chancellor and Chief Financial Officer for any special projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent work experience
- Bilingual Spanish/English is strongly preferred
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft Windows, Word and Excel systems.
- Must be a self-starter, possess leadership qualities. Possess the ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Marcus.Ryan@archny.org