The Adult Faith Formation Office is looking for a Director of Adult Faith Formation.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
ARCHDIOCESE OF NEW YORK
Director, Adult Faith Formation
Mission Statement: The Office of Adult Faith Formation offers programs for adult Catholics to grow in faith, discipleship and understanding of Jesus Christ and the teachings of the Catholic Church. The office supports existing efforts at the parish level and provides archdiocese-wide opportunities for enrichment and development in the knowledge and practice of Catholicism.
Position Purpose: The position of Director of Adult Faith Formation oversees and directs the ongoing intellectual and spiritual formation of adults in the Archdiocese of New York. This is accomplished by a wide array of programs offered at the archdiocesan level, as well as extensive support for adult faith formation programs in parishes.
Reporting Line: This position reports to the Vicar General.
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Assist in the development of and the implementation of the vision of the Cardinal Archbishop for adult faith formation throughout the archdiocese
- Provide vision/oversight for the archdiocesan adult faith formation, discipleship and evangelization programs including the:
- Catechumenate (RCIA)
- New York Catholic Bible School
- Felix Varela Institute
- Maintain high level of support for parish adult faith formation coordinators/directors and/or teams through regular updates, shared publicity for regional speakers/events/programs, program advice, and consultations
- Develop the professional skills and capabilities of the internal staff of the Adult Faith Formation office
- Maintain and further existing partnerships with outside institutions, including:
- Enlighten online courses with Fordham University
- FORMED for parishes partnership with Augustine Institute
- Read and absorb a high volume of material including email correspondence, memos, news and journal articles, etc. daily in order to remain up-to-date on best practices and trends within ministry. Prepare summary reports for archdiocesan and parish leaders as needed
- Create and provide training and/or give presentations to parish/cluster/deanery level adult faith formation groups on best practices and new programs in adult faith formation
- Develop the program and content for archdiocesan events including the:
- Men’s Conference
- New York Catholic Bible Summit
- Sheen Center Adult Faith Formation events
- Communicate and collaborate with other ministry directors to ensure a vibrant program of lifelong faith formation
- Exhibit creativity and vision in leading the office that understands the specific learning styles of adults, as well as the diversity of needs and interests for Catholic adults
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Graduate degree in theology, ministry, or related field
- Expert knowledge of the teachings and values of the Catholic Church and proven ability to impart this knowledge to adults
- Minimum of 5 years experience in Church ministry, working within a large and diverse organization
- Dynamic leader and developer of staff talent.
- Excellent interpersonal and oral and written communications skills
- Ability to speak and understand Spanish, a real plus
- Strong technology skills, i.e., proficiency in using Microsoft Office, an openness to learning new technologies, and the ability to integrate current and new technologies into program delivery to enhance outreach and evangelization.
- Experienced in the successful use of social media as one means of increasing the scope and influence of adult faith formation efforts
- Proven ability to gather and track metrics necessary to evaluate the success of adult faith formation within the archdiocese
- Strong people and project management skills
- Proven ability to influence a diverse clergy and lay population across a wide geography
- Ability to drive and travel to locations throughout the Archdiocese of New York