Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
ASSISTANT DIRECTOR OF HUMAN RESOURCES
Global Regional School System (GRSS0
Reporting to the Director of Human Resources, GRSS, the Associate Director of Human Resources for GRSS, is a “hands-on HR professional who is responsible for managing/administering all human resources related functions of the Catholic Global Regional Schools in accordance with its policies and practices, the ethical and social teachings of the Catholic Church and its laws, regulations and administrative rulings of governmental organizations and other regulatory and advisory authorities. Specific areas of responsibility include, but are not limited to: New Hire Onboarding/Orientations, Employee/Labor Relations, Staffing/Training, Performance Issues & Disciplinary processes, Health Benefits Administration, 403(b) benefits administration, STD and LTD claims; Workers Compensation Claims, Reconciling Monthly Union Dues Reports, HR data analysis and reporting.
Position location is 3 days per week at the Archdiocese of New York HR Office at 1011 1st Avenue in Manhattan and 2 days per week at the GRSS Bronx Regional HR Office.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Administratively oversee Human Resources (HR) administration for the 9 GRSS regions: Rockland, NW/So Bronx, NW/East Bronx, Staten Island, Central Westchester, Manhattan, No. Westchester/Putnam, Dutchess, and Ulster/Sullivan/Orange.
- Assist the HR Director in supervising the day-to-day administration of the regional HR Coordinators; provide technical support/act as backup for HR Coordinators, as necessary. Manage HR operations and make recommendations for process improvement to Director of HR. In the absence of the Director of Human Resources (GRSS), serves as the backup/acting Director to ensure continuity of services to the GRSS schools, faculty & staff.
- With Director of HR (GRSS), train new GRSS HR Coordinators.
- Maintain knowledge of legal requirements related to day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance. Maintains in-depth knowledge of the rules and regulations associated with the Affordable Care Act (ACA). Responsible for tracking hours for employees (BAS reports).
- Work closely with GRSS Management, Principals, Teachers and Staff to improve work relationships, solve problems, build morale, and, increase productivity and retention. Advise managers and staff members on issues relating to HR administration policies and practices.
- Work closely with the Assistant Superintendent of Schools for Teacher Personnel, Regional Superintendents and Principals with regard to HR, payroll and contract obligations. Maintain and update collective bargaining contracts for bargaining employees (Teachers).
- Provide analysis and reporting on key HR metrics. Utilize database, spreadsheet, and hardcopy files to collect, compile, or tabulate data for administrative and governmental reports and record-keeping systems for external and internal customers (GRSS Treasury/Finance Dept).
- Coordinate and assist in administering employee benefit plans & paperwork including health coverage, life, short-term and long-term disability insurance. Provide information regarding the insurance plans to employees & assists employees with completion of benefit enrollment and/or claim forms, contacts insurance representatives as needed to assist with disputed employee benefit claims. Serve as administrator for the GRSS insurance plans. Responsible for entering enrollment, deletion, and information updates for all eligible employees in Paychex HRO and forward all benefit paperwork to the Employee Benefit Center (EBC) and reconciling against the monthly Consolidated Bill.
- Coordinate Workers’ Compensation insurance. Assist employees in completing accident report forms and complete appropriate claim forms. Submit claim forms and billings associated with claims to insurance carrier.
- Maintain and update GRSS policy and procedure manual for Non-Bargaining Employees.
ESSENTIAL JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (continued)
Set up and maintains personnel and other departmental computerized files through Paychex HRO and Payroll Preview software programs. Determine appropriate methods for storing and retrieving information for record-keeping and reporting. Handles highly confidential information. Disburse salary and fringe benefit information to all employees. Initiate special pay memos such as TDA match/403b plans, Vacation and Sick leave payout, and post-retirement payouts. Authorize pay requests.
MINIMUM PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS
- Must have Bachelors Degree in Human Resources and/or Business Administration or related fields
- Minimum of (5) five years of related Human Resources experience, or combination of education and experience commensurate with the requirements of this position
- Proven experience in acting both as managing/coaching small to medium size teams while continuing to maintain hands-on technical proficiency a must;
- Proven success in completing a high volume of confidential HR transactions and projects required;
- Strong analytical, oral and written communications and presentation skills are critical;
- Strong team player
- Proven proficiency with computerized communication and record-keeping programs such as: Paychex HRO & Paychex Payroll Preview and Lawson,
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, including, Outlook, Excel, Word, Powerpoint required
- Ideal candidate must have current, clean driver’s license, and a car at his/her disposal to travel to Regional Offices/Schools for required meetings, as necessary.