The Data Systems Center is looking for an Associate Director of Parish Reporting & Training
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Fred.Scialabba@archny.org.
Reporting to the Executive Director of Information Technology, provide hands-on support and expertise for Financial Edge (FENXT) and financial systems-related projects and technology initiatives throughout the Archdiocese of New York.
Essential Position Responsibilities
- Working in conjunction with the Executive Director of Information Technology and the Director of Parish Systems, show expertise in, and provide implementation assistance for the FENXT product within the Archdiocese of New York.
- Working in conjunction with the Executive Director of Information Technology and the Director of Parish Systems, provide hands on support for design, implementation and training for related projects, as assigned
- Develop and implement plans and schedules for all assigned financial and database systems.
- Train staff on how to use FENXT, Blackbaud, Excel and Access
- Provide hands on/consultative support/counsel for enhancements and system development with respect to FENXT, Blackbaud, Microsoft Excel and Access.
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor Degree in Accounting with an emphasis on Computer Science or equivalent preferred
- Strong Accounting skills required
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- 5+years of large NFP accounting/financial accounting database experience required.
- Expertise in FENXT, and Microsoft Access and Excel required, along with the proven ability to train staff on how to use FENXT, Blackbaud, Excel and Access
- Cost accounting/project cost accounting skills beneficial
- Previous financial software experience preferred
- Detail and deadline oriented self starter
- Demonstrated knowledge of financial reporting standards such as preparation of Balance Sheet, Income Statement, Budget to Actuals, as well as Statement of Activities, Financial Position, Cash Flows and Functional Expense, required.