Associate Director of Production
Created October 2021
Purpose of the Position:
The Associate Director of Production (ADP) is responsible for planning, leading, and providing support for all event and technical aspects for a wide range of shows and events held in the Sheen Center venues and ancillary spaces. This position participates at every stage of the process from evaluating an event’s logistics and financials, coordinating work across multiple departments, generating clear communication to execute the event, to ensuring that the event runs successfully. Extensive collaboration with other organizational departments is essential. Recruitment and Leadership of production staff is required.
Reports to: Director of Programming and Event Operations of the Sheen Center
FLSA Status: Exempt
Desired Candidate Characteristics
The ADP shall have creative energy, global vision, an entrepreneurial spirit with broad experience in theater, event and film/tv production and have extensive industry contacts. The ADP must be a visionary leader with exemplary interpersonal communications, organizational, technical and planning skills including the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously with the ability to be flexible, a team player and effectively adapt to change. The ADP must have the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively with demonstrated experience as a self-directed manager who can produce results. As with all staff positions, candidate should be in strong alignment with Sheen Center mission and goals.
- Supervise and coordinate all production and set-up/ strike requirements for all events held in Sheen Center facilities.
- Recruit, hire, train and supervise all production staff ensuring staff establishes and maintains positive working relationships with other staff as well as a positive working relationship with clients. Identify and secure temporary stage labor vendors as needed.
- Maintain the inventories, repair and safety of all equipment and train staff on the set-up and safe operation. Coordinate with Executive Director and Facilities Manager the maintenance and improvement of all facilities and equipment.
- Assist with budget preparation and monitoring for areas of responsibility. Prepare reports as requested and manage cost analysis and production estimates for events.
- Serve as safety officer for events with primary responsibility in the production areas maintaining physical and fire safety and Covid compliance.
- Collaborate across the organization to promote interdepartmental planning, communication, and innovation that supports powerful and profitable multidisciplinary and interfaith programming.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience:
A Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with a minimum of 5-7 years previous work experience that includes substantial event experience and extensive industry contacts. Demonstrated experience in event and facility operations including safety best practices and basic proficiency in lighting, sound, video and rigging. . Must hold and maintain within thirty days of employment a valid NYC Fire Guard (F-03) and Theatre and Live Performance Covid Compliance Officer certificate.
Fast paced and hands-on environment with flexible hours including required nights and weekends.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: David.DiCerto@sheencenter.org