Archdiocese of New York
Office of Young Adult Outreach
1011 First Avenue, New York, NY 10022 Tel: (212) 371-1011 Ext. 3159
Fax: (212) 371-3382 www.catholicnyc.com
Associate Program Leader 2
Office of Young Adult Outreach for the Archdiocese of New York
The Office of Young Adult Outreach works to connect Catholic young adults to resources, events, and likeminded peers, while simultaneously developing new initiatives in order to build the future of the Church. With the use of a powerful communications infrastructure- including thousands of contacts and a global website- the Office of Young Adult Outreach utilizes powerful and well branded marketing tools to serve young adults seeking Catholic resources.
Working with the largest Archdiocesan young adult outreach program in the country, the Associate Program Leader 2 serves as a reliable resource to the program and will work closely with the Associate Program Leader 1, Program Leaders, under the supervision of the Director, to manage the day to day running of the office and with planning and executing events. While the position often consists of office work, the Associate Program Leader 2 will also assist with event planning and preparations, as needed, and will attend and work some events.
- Perform all that is asked from the Director of Young Adult Outreach.
- Manage some administrative functions to ensure smooth and efficient operations of the department.
- Assist Associate Program Leader 1 with budget tracking, as needed.
- Maintenance of Young Adult Outreach Office (purchasing supplies, shredding, keeping organized, etc.)
- Charged with editing and, at times, preparing the weekly Catholic NYC email blast.
- Assist with the backend of the websites (i.e. approvals, disapprovals of submissions, etc.).
- Upload all events weekly on the backend of the website.
- Prepare all monthly and bi-monthly reports, including Presbyteral Council, Ministry Connections, etc.
- Create the graphic design for programs, flyers, etc. as needed.
- Assist in managing the Office’s social media accounts.
- Greet all visitors who come to the Young Adult Office.
- Answer phone calls.
- Respond to daily requests from young adults, providing resources and assistance.
- Assist in organizing recurring major events, such as March for Life bus, World Youth Day, etc.
- Assist with the Young Adult Mass.
- Assist with the Love & Responsibility Summer Series.
- Assist Program Leaders with planning and attending regional events, when needed.
- Attend and assist at various young adult events, requiring some nights and weekends.
- Attend all Leader Meetings and assist in planning them.
- Run table at Catholic Underground.
- Oversee and implement the office’s outreach to Hispanic young adults.
- Serve as point person for Hispanic young adult leaders.
- Make major office purchases, once approved.
- Prepare payments for all invoices to be approved.
- Attend to organized binders, filing and shredding documents, and updating all policies, procedures, and instructional documents, as needed.
- Edit correspondence, memos, email blasts, etc. when needed.
- Assist in communication with various vendors.
- Assist with various tasks that come up throughout the year.
- Maintain/track event supplies.
- Represent the Archdiocese in a professional and positive manner.
- Implement all that is asked from the Director.
- Opening the office in the morning, typically (time depends on evening events).
- Attend various young adult events as needed, requiring nights and weekends.
- Committed to live, and ability to articulate, the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Strong social and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent ability to follow directions.
- Ability to be flexible and work well in a team.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Traveling to different regions of the Archdiocese for events, when necessary.
- Proficiency in MS Office – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.
- Marketing abilities. Graphic design and photography skills preferred.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree.
- Bilingual English/Spanish is required.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Kaitlyn.Colgan@archny.org