The Department of Education – Superintendent of Schools Office is looking for an Associate Superintendent for Curriculum & Development.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Archdiocese of New York – Department of Education
Associate Superintendent for Curriculum and Staff Development
This position reports to the Superintendent of Schools and provides leadership regarding curriculum in the Catholic Schools of the Archdiocese of New York, and the professional development of Catholic School teachers.
The primary responsibilities of this job include:
Curriculum and Instruction:
- Administers the organizational plan for curriculum, instruction and assessment.
- Monitors NYSED, ITBS, and Interim Assessment programs, interprets and reports results and their implication for curriculum change and professional development.
- Coordinates the collection of assessment data and subsequent training for principals in order to use data effectively for continuous improvement of student achievement. (i.e. Data Day, mini-data days)
- Understands and implements state laws and local regulations pertaining to curriculum and instruction.
- Supervises the development, organization, and delivery of all curricular and instructional programs and services to ensure they are based on best practices and aligned with state standards and assessments.
- Coordinates the ongoing implementation and revision of the Archdiocesan Essential Learnings and Common Core Learning Standards for elementary schools.
- Supervises the development, organization, and delivery of teacher staff development, including: in-service-for-credit workshops, regular in-service programs and activities, and curriculum implementation.
- Serves as a resource to the Superintendent of Schools and other members of the central office staff on matters related to educational and instructional philosophy, programs and policies.
- Responds to curriculum questions/needs/concerns from principals, teachers and pastors as requested.
- Maintains professional contact with curriculum personnel in the surrounding dioceses (member of the Inter-diocesan Curriculum Committee), local Regional Information Center (RIC) and New York City and State Education Departments.
- Represents the Superintendent of schools by attending and participating in state and regional conferences or workshops, and in turn sharing best practices with Archdiocese of New York staff.
- Generates monthly newsletters for teachers containing information on current education best practices in core subject areas.
- Creates agendas for monthly meetings with instructional specialists; coordinates their role through regular communication with regional superintendents and based on assessment data and regional needs.
- Organizes and conducts New Teacher Orientation.
- Oversees the AdvancEd accreditation process based on a five-year cycle.
- Oversees a staff of one curriculum and assessment associate and seven instructional specialists.
- The Associate Superintendent for Public Policy and Student Services regarding funding for teacher professional development.
- The Associate Superintendent for Mission Effectiveness regarding the integration of Catholic values into the curriculum.
- The Associate Superintendent for Leadership regarding the professional needs of principals as instructional leaders to support the role of teachers.
- Educational vendors regarding curriculum, instruction and assessment needs of teachers.