Archdiocese of New York
Department of Education – Superintendent of Schools Office
Associate Superintendent for Teacher Personnel
Primary Duty: Reporting directly to the Superintendent of Schools, the Associate Superintendent for Teacher Personnel oversees the process of contract implementation for all parish elementary and secondary schools.
- Advise and guide all schools with respect to labor/employee relations.
- Serve as a member of the bargaining committees for the Association of Catholic Schools.
- Respond to all union inquiries on behalf of the parish elementary and secondary schools.
- Process and settle grievances that arise under the collective bargaining agreement.
- Regularly consult with appropriate legal counsel regarding contract issues; assist counsel in preparation of arbitration cases.
- Oversee teacher personnel records.
- Serve as liaison to Archdiocesan benefits department and oversee the distribution of information regarding employee benefits, especially for new teachers.
- Respond to all inquiries regarding benefits.
- Serve on appropriate committees related to personnel and benefits issues
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimal Master’s Degree in Education
- Proven management and leadership capabilities
- Strong networking, communication, and presentation skills
- Excellent written communications, research and organizational skills Strong computer skills
- Ability to travel within the Archdiocese of New York
Compensation for this position is competitive, and a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Doreen.DePaolis@archny.org