BLENDED LEARNING COORDINATOR JOB DESCRIPTION
The Archdiocese of New York is looking for a Blended Learning Coordinator to lead research, design, and implement blended learning instructional models in the Archdiocese of New York Catholic schools. The Coordinator will spearheads blended learning in several pilot schools in 2016-17, leading to widespread implementation to provide-high-quality, personalized education to students in our schools. Ideal candidates are outstanding, mission-driven educators well acquainted with best practices for curriculum, assessment, and the integration of technology who are looking to take the next step in an outside-the-classroom role. Working collaboratively with the Superintendent of Schools team, the Blended Learning Coordinator will coach, support, and share their expertise teachers and school leaders in designated Blended Learning schools.
PRIMARY DUTIES: Duties may include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Synthesize research around the effectiveness of blended learning models, internal best practices, and challenges to design and pilot blended learning models that align with the Archdiocese of New York’s root beliefs, values, framework for skillful teaching, and delivers strong student achievement results.
- Plan and launch blended learning pilot for the 2016-17 school year; evaluating sites and teachers, and determining performance metrics.
- Research, select, and recommend content for blended learning schools and make recommendations for planned widespread implementation.
- Evaluate economic and budgetary implications for blended learning model for feasibility and short- and long-term cost-effectiveness.
- Partner with cross-functional partners to help determine technology requirements for schools in pilots and beyond.
- Develop and deliver professional development to teachers and principals to execute blended learning models in their schools and classrooms.
- Manage daily delivery of blended learning model, addressing issues and problems that arise during execution.
- Evaluate effectiveness of blended learning pilot and distill pilot learnings into planning for widespread implementation of blended learning model as appropriate.
- Work in collaboration with regional and associate superintendents, instructional specialists, principals, teachers, and external consultants to achieve strategic goals.
- Demonstrate knowledge and support of the Archdiocese of New York’s educational mission, values, vision, standards, policies and procedures, operating instructions, confidentiality standards, and code of ethical behavior.
- Effectively teaches adults, in both a group and individual setting, understands and communicates the implications of the changes needed in today’s Catholic education system.
- Performs other duties as assigned which relate to the instructional area of expertise.
- Required dispositions:
- Growth mindset
- The unshakeable belief that all students can learn
- Required skills and knowledge:
- Demonstrated knowledge of curriculum development and program design
- Experience in performance assessment
- Demonstrated commitment to students and learning
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to write clearly and persuasively
- Excellent organization, project management, and community-building skills
- High sense of urgency, ability to meet deadlines, demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects concurrently
- Entrepreneurial passion
- Minimum educational requirements:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Master’s degree preferred
- Experience required:
- Valid teaching certificate
- Experience teaching in a technology-enriched environment
- Familiarity with EngageNY curriculum preferred
- Successful use of instructional strategies with diverse student populations
- Excellent cooperative, discussion, and persuasive skills
- Excellent oral and writing skills
- Strong references from current administrator
- Experienced successful classroom management
- Experience delivering professional development
- Data analysis skills to:
- analyze and interpret data
- make suggestions for improving the performance described by the data
REPORTS TO: Associate Superintendent for Curriculum and Staff Development
COMPETITIVE SALARY AND COMPREHENSIVE BENEFITS