The Saint Joseph’s Seminary is looking for a Bursar/Tuition Systems Administrator
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Based principally at the Seminary’s Dunwoodie/Yonkers Campus, and reporting to the Director of Finance, St. Joseph’s Seminary and the Rector of the Seminary, the Bursar/Tuition Specialist is responsible for the invoicing and collection of seminarian and non-seminarian tuition payments for all Seminary campuses.
Essential Position Duties
- Answer appropriate billing inquiries from current and former students via telephone, internet (information on the website), and in person
- Create databases and lists for mailing and other forms of communication from the four Seminary campuses;
- Maintain records of semester registrations and tuition payments for all campuses;
- Prepare monthly tuition collection reports and other data as requested by Academic Administrators and the Seminary Finance Office.
- Process Huntington, Douglaston, Poughkeepsie and Yonkers Invoices for student tuition; manage student payment plans.
- Attend meetings with finance office, the registrar, the administrator of the Blackbaud SIS, and participate in the planning and coordination of select seminary events, e.g. annual fundraiser. These meetings will accord highest priority to the maintenance of accurate financial records and the necessity of regular communication among the various seminary offices.
- Maintain and champion close communications between the office of the Bursar/Tuition Systems Administrator, the registrar, the finance office, the administrator of the Blackbaud SIS, and as appropriate, the office of the rector.
- In concert with the Seminary Finance Office, reconcile the Bursar’s records with those in finance to ensure agreement on billing, receipts, disbursements, and outstanding accounts receivable records.
- With the finance office, preparation of weekly, monthly, quarterly and annual reports and analyses.
- Work closely with the finance team to provide requisite data to external auditors during the period of the annual audit.
Required Education, Experience and Skills
- Bachelors Degree required, ideally in Finance or related field;
- Expertise in Microsoft Office suite, especially Excel required;
- Experience with Blackbaud recordkeeping software preferred;
- 3+ years professional/corporate experience ideally in the finance or bursar’s office in an educational institution;
- Proven oral and written communications skills required;
- Proven self-starter and team player.
- Valid driver’s license and access to a personal automobile required so as to travel to various seminary campuses as necessary.