The Global Regional School System is looking for a Cash Manager.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
ARCHDIOCESE OF NEW YORK
GLOBAL REGIONAL SCHOOL SYSTEM
The Archdiocese of New York has reorganized 92 of its elementary schools into a Global Regional School System (GRSS), with nine geographic school districts. Each one has a local, centralized business office that supports 8-15 schools. The entire GRSS is supported by the Global Regional School System Treasury Operations, which is responsible for the collection, processing, recording, transfer, outflow and reporting of all funds within the regional school system. The GRSS Treasury Operations will be the conduit for all financial reporting. The GRSS Treasury Operations will collect, process, and record data in order to provide a clear financial picture of each region/school.
The GRSS Cash Manager will handle all aspects of the daily cash accounting transactions for the Global Regional Treasury Operations to support the nine regional business offices and the schools they serve. The GRSS Cash Manager reports to the Controller.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Demonstrate expertise in electronic banking, SunGard, cash management, payments and direct debits.
- Assist the Director of Accounting and the Controller with daily cash flow projections and maintain daily cash projection files.
- Supervise and train staff accountants.
- Review coding of all deposit and wire information in a timely manner.
- Review other revenue and other income accounts to ensure items are coded correctly to the general ledger.
- Review account reconciliations and supporting schedules and provide analysis.
- Review scholarship, temporary restricted, mandated services and other required schedules on a monthly basis.
- Ensure all journal entries are properly entered and posted.
- Ensure proper cut off and timing of revenue/expense recognition.
- Perform wire transfers for payroll, and other internal wire transfers when needed.
- Perform ACH transfers for credit cards and commercial prepaid cards. Administrator for commercial prepaid cards.
- Signatory on all GRSS Treasury accounts.
- Maintain and reconcile intra-company accounts.
- Coordinate investigation of funds and unreconciled items which are not applied to a specific income account.
- Upload files into ParishSOFT Connect Now (when necessary).
- Save supporting files in the Common Drive for distribution.
- Perform financial analysis and prepare ad hoc reports.
- Other related duties as required by management.
- A bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Attention to detail with strong time management and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications
- Exceptional analytical skills, pro-active and a good problem solver
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, web-based environment
- Quick learner, creative, self-starter with good judgment and high energy