Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Centennial Campaign Director
The Department of Community Outreach Services of Catholic Charities Community Services is seeking a Centennial Campaign Director. This position is located at 1011. The Centennial Campaign Director will report to The Director of Development.
The Centennial Campaign Director (CCD) is senior member of the Development Department and work as a valued partner with the Director of Development in all aspects of the Department’s work. This is essential because the regular ongoing fundraising activities of the department are included and integrated into the Centennial Campaign’s $100 million goal. The CCD will need to work collaboratively with other Department staff. Two important groups, the Cardinal’s Committee for Charity and Catholic Renewal provide a clear example of the need for department-wide collaboration. The CCD must have the skills needed to effectively supervise direct reports and sufficient experience to provide valuable input to the Director of Development on all aspects of the department’s operations.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Responsible for overseeing the execution of the Centennial Campaign including providing strong support to the Centennial Campaign Committee
- Review existing plans and strategies and recommend appropriate adjustments that address challenges and take advantage of opportunities
- Identify, cultivate, solicit, and steward major gifts and Campaign leadership.
- Develop and execute a system to track and report on Campaign gifts.
- Work collaboratively with other Department staff, particularly those supporting the Cardinal’s Committee for Charity and Catholic Renewal.
- Work with and communicate with senior management of Catholic Charities agency-wide, including the Executive Director, on Campaign activities.
- Additional responsibilities on an ad hoc or ongoing basis as assigned by the Department Director to successfully integrating the Centennial Campaign into Catholic Charities ongoing fundraising activities
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS
Education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree required,
- 10 years experience in the Development field,
- Campaign or major gift experience
- Familiarity with New York philanthropic environment
- Understanding mission of Catholic Charities
Skills, Licenses, and/or Competencies:
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge in Raiser’s Edge or similar fundraising software, Microsoft Office and internet research
- Knowledge of PC and Apple
- Superior communication skills
- Enthusiastic and confident; comfortable with individuals of all levels
- Warm and engaging personal style
- Creative, innovative and entrepreneurial
- Sound judgment and strong strategic planning skills
- Team-oriented and collaborative style; strong work ethic
- Committed to the mission of the Catholic Charities