The Child Nutrition Program is looking for a Payroll and Human Resources Assistant
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Archdiocese of New York, Department of Education
Child Nutrition Program
TITLE: Child Nutrition Payroll & HR Assistant 1/2019
REPORTS TO: Associate Manager
Under the direction of the Director, Associate Manager or designee, the position of Administrative Assistant is to provide necessary support in coordinating with and being the primary liaison between the Child Nutrition Program and Cafeteria Staff with respect to payroll and human resources documentation.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
These duties include, but are not limited to:
- Process payroll for all Child Nutrition Schools covering over 220 employees.
- Follow payroll operations by following all policies and procedures for reporting and entering changes in the Payroll Lawson System.
- Create and update all changes to timesheets for cafeteria employees.
- Retrieve all cafeteria staff timesheets biweekly though E-fax e-mail account.
- Setup and revise employee W-4 and IT-2104, Direct Deposit information as requested.
- Review and resolve payroll discrepancies, calculate and verify hours worked, personal/sick time, retro pay, jury duty, training reimbursements, disability pay and Worker’s Compensation.
- Mail employee paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
- Process all Cafeteria Employee Garnishments and complying with all applicable agencies and laws.
- Maintain all payroll related binders.
- Maintain current cafeteria employee spreadsheets.
- File all tax forms and timesheets in designated office area.
- Interview all new hires, review company policies (handbook) safety precaution training.
- Check the accuracy of all new hire applications before submitting to HR.
- Prepare and process new hire applications, confirm the accuracy of all information before submission to HR department for background checks.
- Prepare and update HR with: New Hires, Work Hour Changes, Salary Changes, Name Changes, Address Changes Terminations, and Transfers.
- Process Disability and Worker’s Comp paperwork/follow-up on employee status with school supervisors; update HR as often as possible.
- Release employee earnings for housing verification to field supervisors as requested, throughout the school year.
- Charges expenses to accounts and cost centers by analyzing invoice expenses and charges from different schools and programs such as breakfast, lunch and snacks.
- Prepare vouchers and submit to the Accounts Payable department.
- Pays vendors by verifying W-9 for new vendors and submit to the Lawson department to obtain new vendors’ code.
- Scheduling and preparing multiple processes in generating the checks; involving service invoices and other related purchases made.
- Coordinate required professional standards training for all cafeteria employees (approximately 220 employees) and ensure that all employees are in compliance with training hours.
- Maintains an active and up to date on-call list of employees.
- Schedules on-call employees when necessary.
- Collect and file all employee Department of Health Food Protection Certificates.
- Organize, in conjunction with the Director and Associate Manager, the Cafeteria Employee Annual Training
- Assist Associate Manager in various facets of: CACFP (Child and Adult Care Food Program), BIC (Breakfast in the Classroom), and FFVP (Fresh Fruits & Vegetables Program).
- Answering incoming calls related to payroll and HR matters
- Preparing correspondence related to payroll and HR matters
- Communicating daily with field supervisors and cafeteria staff.
- Perform multifaceted general office support as needed
- Providing support and assistance with the coordination and/or implementation of Child Nutrition programs and events which include, but are not limited to: National School Breakfast Week; BIC rollout; NYSED Annual Reviews, and both Title I and non-Title I Summer Programs
- Assisting auditors as needed
- Assisting Director and CNP personnel with all projects as needed
- Attending trainings and professional education at the direction of the CNP Director
CANDIDATE MUST HAVE ABILITY TO:
- Demonstrate adequate knowledge and understanding of all regulations
- Use strong written and verbal effective communication with co-workers and cafeteria employees
- Work in a team centric environment
- Ability to be self motivated, plan and organize work for self and others.
- Maintain records and prepare reports.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with internal departments and external agencies.
- Maintain an organized and safe work environment.
- High degree of discretion in dealing with confidential information.
REQUIREMENTS AND GUIDELINES:
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office, Excel, Word, and Power Point is required.
- Knowledge of general bookkeeping and accounting is preferred
- Human Resources and/or payroll experience are required.
- Fluency in Spanish is required.