The Safe Environment Program is looking for a Part –Time Clerk
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Working part-time (16 hours per week) under the supervision of the Director of the Safe Environment Office, responsible for processing of background checks, data entry, and other general office clerical tasks.
- Maintain physical files of background check authorization forms.
- Contacting parishes and schools with inquiries.
- Receive and process background check authorization forms.
- Data entry of information into Microsoft Access database.
- Update information in Microsoft Access database.
- Answer telephone inquiries in a professional and courteous manner.
- Assisting the other members of the Office staff in their administrative duties.
- Strong organizing skills, attentive to detail.
- Strong and accurate data entry skills.
- Ability to communicate, particularly via telephone, in a professional manner.
- Friendly; flexible; self-motivated, team-oriented.
- Ability to comply with strict information security standards.
- Flexible work schedule — position is for two full days (16 hours), but must be willing to work additional hours periodically as the department’s needs require.
- Ability or experience with Microsoft Office applications (particularly Access or Excel).
- Must be willing to support the Office’s mission for providing a safe environment for children, pursuant to the United States Bishops Charter for the Protection of Children and Young People and the policies of the Archdiocese of New York.
- Fluency in Spanish is desired but not necessary.