The GIVEN Institute COMMUNICATIONS AND OPERATIONS INTERN JOB DESCRIPTION
15 HOURS A WEEK MINIMUM COMMITMENT | LOCATION: WASHINGTON, DC
The GIVEN Institute (“GIVEN”) is a not-for-profit organization located in Washington, D.C. dedicated to
activating the gifts of young adult women for the Catholic Church and the world. GIVEN’s mission is to
inspire and equip the next generation of female leaders to “receive the gift that they are; realize the gifts
they have been given; and respond with the gift that only they can give.” Through leadership training, faith
formation, and dedicated mentoring, GIVEN helps form women for mission and for life.
GIVEN’s Communications and Operations Assistant supports the organization’s social media and online
content and performs daily operational activities in the areas of bookkeeping, development, and
administration. The ideal candidate will be highly self-motivated, organized, creative, and able to prioritize
concurrent responsibilities and deadlines. The candidate should possess a passion for the formation of
young adult Catholic women and be able to thrive in a dynamic, entrepreneurial work environment.
Social Media and Communications
● Collaborate with team to create and post social media content
● Manage office phone calls and email system communications as needed
● Manage and edit website content, including blog posts, network profiles, and saint biographies
● Create marketing materials
● Support best practices for online engagement and search engine optimization
● Perform ongoing bookkeeping tasks
● Manage invoice approval process
● Coordinate with accounting staff
● Process donations; maintain donor database
● Create and send donor acknowledgments
● Provide support for GIVEN Forum, GIVEN Gatherings & Art of Accompaniment Mentoring Program
● Maintain an organized filing system of documents and ongoing recordkeeping
● Manage office mail and assist with bulk mailings
● Manage and order office supplies
● Assist staff with scheduling, travel, and other tasks as needed
● Bachelor’s degree or High school diploma and currently pursuing an undergraduate degree
● Non-profit or for-profit work experience
● Experience with social media management, WordPress and SEO preferred
● Strong organizational abilities
● Strong written and oral communications skills
● Experience with Database management preferred
Additional Preferences: A practicing Catholic, in good standing with the Church, and a person of prayer.
Located in the DMV area.
Application: Interested and qualified candidates should send a cover letter and resume to
firstname.lastname@example.org. Applications will be accepted for this position through May 1, 2021.