The Archdiocese of New York
Global Regional School System (GRSS)
Controller – DOE
This position assists the Chief Accounting Officer (CAO), the Associate Director of Finance of the Department of Education and/or the Director of the Child Nutrition Program in managing, planning, and coordinating the financial operations of the Child Nutrition Program (CNP) and the Archdiocese of New York Drug Abuse Prevention Program (ADAPP) of the Archdiocese of New York Department of Education. The Controller is responsible for the accurate and timely reporting of monthly financial analyses, preparation and distribution of financial information to authorized personnel, overseeing program staff, and assisting with monitoring budgets for the grant programs. (DOE)
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Assist in developing an annual budget for CNP
- Monitor and review budget amounts against monthly expenses. Submit revised budgets as requested DOE and CNP
- Update the monthly investment roll forward schedule for the DOE
- Prepare and upload various monthly allocation entries, including cash, payroll, revenues, and overhead
- Account for the DOE accrued expenses, receivables, deferred revenue and other accounts to ensure accurate monthly financial reports
- Complete all DOE bank reconciliations
- Complete quarterly 941 reconciliations
- Review accounts payable vouchers and upload large transactions through the Lawson ERP
- Maintain knowledge to remain compliant with federal and state procurement guidelines which include but are not limited to government request for bids and/or proposals, small, and micro purchases; Attend trainings, webinars, and related professional education at the direction of the CNP Director in areas including but not limited to: Lawson systems, audit protocol, and NYS administrative review.
- Prepare all relevant documents for submission for the annual audit and serve as CNP’s liaison to the external audit team;
- Coordinate preparation and submission of requested documents and data to auditors in consultation with the CNP Director and the Associate Director of the DOE;
- Provide requested data in inform CNP’s submissions to New York State relating to their triennial administrative reviews;
- Provide requested data and supporting documents in collaboration with the Director to assist in the preparation of the annual NYSED cash analysis report;
- Verifies remittance by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Create reports as needed and assist in other projects assigned by management.
- Close Lawson GL after all journal entries have been posted and financial reports have been closed.
Required Education, Experience and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in accounting or finance, CPA preferred
- 5-10 years of diversified accounting with not-for-profit experience (specifically grants accounting) preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills in order to effectively communicate information to (especially via email and phone) and work with all levels of the organization.
- Attention to detail with strong time management and organizational skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft Office applications.
- Exceptional analytical skills, pro-active and a good problem solver
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, results-oriented, web-base
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Matthew.Brellis@archny.org