Corazon Puro has partnered with the CFRs in the Diocese of Paterson to evangelize the young adults in the North Jersey area and beyond. We are looking for a highly motivated young adult who feels called to a time of missionary life during this time of great need for the Church. Due to a cultural crisis and world-wide epidemic, the faith of so many young people hangs in the balance, we are looking for missionaries to assist in this great work during this time of grace.
- This is a unique position that offers subsidized living at the Prince of Peace Chapel apartment in New Jersey.
- Ministry stipend available based on experience and education.
The live-in missionary helps create and carry out ministry opportunities that are consistent with the mission of Corazon Puro (CP) and in line with guidelines of campus ministry at the Diocese of Paterson. The live-in missionary serves William Paterson Campus Ministry students and Corazon Puro constituents by creating a welcoming environment, coordinating logistics for program events, and being pastorally present.
This candidate will need to prioritize his/her time between work and/or academic responsibilities and the responsibilities of this role. The missionary must practice self-care and balance in order to be an effective leader in a pastoral role. Proper self-care is an essential spiritual quality that produces longevity in ministry and models healthy living, and spiritual responsibility.
Although it is difficult to quantify a ministry role, a live-in missionary can expect to put in at least an average of 10-15 hours/week. Extra-curricular activities should not conflict with the time needed to effectively perform the assigned duties. This position is a one-year renewable commitment.
- This is a unique position that offers subsidized living at the Prince of Peace Chapel apartment.
- Ministry stipends available based on experience and education.
- Exhibit an active and growing Catholic Christian faith
- Committed to live, and ability to articulate, the teachings of the Catholic Church
- Communicate effectively both verbally and written. Preferred if fluent in English and Spanish
- Demonstrate sensitivity/interest in diversity/cultural differences; ability to effectively communicate with a variety of personalities
- Functions effectively in a team environment
- Exhibit strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Must have good academic standing and record of work experience
- Have a driving license in the U.S. and means of transportation
- Must be willing to have roommates
Current Ministry Program and Event Opportunities
Prince of Peace Chapel (POP): The POP Chapel invites and engages William Paterson Campus Ministry students and the Corazon Puro community to participate in prayer, scripture reading, and worship. Together with the Program Coordinator, the Missionary Volunteer will assist with chapel organization, set-up, and cleanliness.
Ministry Coordination: The missionary will serve William Paterson University students and constituents by assisting in the coordination of campus and Corazon Puro community events.
- Work collaboratively with the Program Coordinator and Campus Ministry Chaplain to plan and execute program events.
- Develop and maintain positive relationships through availability, accountability, creativity, credibility, and confidentiality.
- Promote and support campus ministry and CP events
- Recruit volunteers to help with ministry initiatives
- Participate in evangelization efforts at ministry events and on camps
If you are interested in applying for this position, please email firstname.lastname@example.org for a link to complete our Corazon Puro Employment Application.
Upon submission of the Employment Application the following documents will be requested:
- Current Resume or CV
- Recommendation Letter from a priest or ministry leader you have worked within the last 5 years.
- Short Question Response: Please write a 500-word response to the following question: Why do you think you are the best candidate for this role?
The application deadline for submission is November 15, 2020 and you will receive a response from us on or before December 11th.