The Department of Education – Superintendent of Schools is looking for a Curriculum and Assessment Associate.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
ARCHDIOCESE OF NEW YORK – SUPERINTENDENT OF SCHOOLS OFFICE
Curriculum and Assessment Associate
The Curriculum and Assessment Associate works collaboratively with the Associate Superintendent of Curriculum and Staff Development to support and enhance the Archdiocesan curriculum and assessment programs to maximize the educational experience of every student within the Catholic Schools of the Archdiocese of New York.
Primary Duties: Curriculum Development
- Coordinate the development of robust curricular programs by creating a variety of resources to support teacher effectiveness (e.g. pacing guides, model assessments, sample question sets, recommended text lists, etc.) Successfully facilitate implementation of these resources through effective delivery to principals and teachers.
- Research a variety of topics (e.g., instructional strategies, curriculum guidelines, instructional technology, etc.) and convey information/recommendations regarding district curriculum to the Associate Superintendent of Curriculum and Staff Development as needed.
- Develop and coordinate special projects and events to enhance the Archdiocesan curriculum (e.g. essay contests, blended learning programs, partnerships with curricular providers).
- Manage the Archdiocesan Curriculum Staff Access page, maintaining up-to-date content and resources for teachers.
Primary Duties: Assessment
- Manage student achievement data from standardized tests housed in various data systems; organize, classify and report on data for use in decision-making and monitoring at a system level as well as a local school level.
- Analyze assessment data to identify successful strategies, programs and plans for continuous improvement, particularly in areas of weak performance.
- Collaborate with a variety of individuals to develop and administer bi-annual Archdiocesan interim assessments.
- Work collaboratively with a team of 7 regional instructional specialists to plan and implement effective professional development in all 7 archdiocesan regions.
- Bring an imaginative approach to solving problems and be a good negotiator while
working cooperatively with all members of the Superintendent of Schools Office.
- Provide direction in the area of educational renewal and assessment with the vision of the strategic plan, Pathways to Excellence.
- Collaborate with the Office of the Partnership for Inner-City Education to oversee allocation and use of grant monies in support of curricular programs in inner-city schools; monitor compliance of awarded monies, facilitate professional sharing opportunities and write reports on grants.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Associate Superintendent of Curriculum/Staff Development.
- Assist the Associate Superintendent in managing all operations of the Curriculum and Staff Development office
- Maintain confidentiality of all operations of the office
Education: Master’s Degree
Experience: Minimum three (3) years successful teaching experience
Minimum three (3) years successful administrative experience
Math/ Science background preferred but not required
Skills: Excellent oral and written communication skills; ability to forge and maintain cooperative relationships; ability to use and present data clearly through word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs; ability to effectively plan and manage projects, and prepare and maintain accurate records.
Knowledge of: Principles of best instructional practices, curriculum design, adult learning styles and how to effect change successfully; how to review, interpret and write technical information, and/or speak persuasively to implement desired actions.
Ability to: schedule a number of activities; communicate, lead meetings and/ work with a diversity of individuals; routinely gather, collate and/or classify data; make sound decisions; demonstrate leadership and vision; meet deadlines and schedules; set priorities; work as part of a team.
Compensation for this position is competitive, and a comprehensive benefits package is included.
Interested candidates should email a resume and cover letter to Dr. Betsy Okello at firstname.lastname@example.org.