The Department of Education is looking for a Student Services & Public Policy Associate.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Superintendent of Schools Office – Archdiocese of New York
Thousands of committed Catholic educators in the Archdiocese of New York serve more than 71,000 students from Pre-K to twelfth grade in rural, urban and suburban settings throughout ten southern counties in New York State. Building on more than 200 years of inspiring students, over 200 Catholic schools offer an excellent, nurturing, values-centered education in a structured environment that helps children of all backgrounds realize their fullest potential as human beings.
Student Services & Public Policy Associate
This role presents an opportunity to learn about educational leadership, public policy and complex school programs at every level of government. The Superintendent of Schools Office is looking for someone who is an excellent communicator, eager to learn a new set of administrative skills, and can manage and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously. The ideal candidate will have strong writing abilities, capable of receiving complex information and formulating clear communications on behalf of others.
- A reliable professional who can exercise sound judgment.
- Able to work effectively in an environment of complex relationships across multiple departments.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet deadlines aligned with organizational goals and understand the concept of scaling projects.
- Oriented strongly toward multi-tasking and can balance execution of multiple tasks and projects.
- Capable of carrying out directions to independently manage and complete projects both on short deadlines and long-term timelines.
- An effective communicator, capable of determining how best to reach different audiences and deliver those messages.
With Collaboration from the Associate Superintendent, you will:
- Assist in creating and maintaining both budgets and related tracking documentation for various office and governmental programs i.e. ESEA, Title funds, grant projects, immunizations, Smart Bond etc.
- Draft emails, forms, protocols and other correspondence to principals and other stakeholders and assist in monitoring the implementation of such directives.
- Assist in all aspects of implementing and monitoring the E-rate program, especially for regional schools.
- Proactively follow up with individuals in various levels of the Archdiocesan community, including principals, other Superintendent of Schools’ Office staff, boards, etc. to ensure important deadlines are met
- Prepare material for all meetings, maintain files, and organize materials for future meetings.
- Prepare minutes and circulate takeaways after meetings to all participants.
- Prepare PowerPoint presentations, Excel spreadsheets, and other documents and reports as needed for the effective operation of the office.
- Assist with the management of the Associate Superintendent’s frequently-changing calendar, including meeting times/locations.
- Proactively operate the workflow and responsibilities of various projects in the Superintendent of Schools’ Office.
- Learn about various programs that are provided to Catholic schools from various governmental and private entities.
- Read, review, & understand various policies/procedures, laws, and other documents from local, city, and state governments
- Other duties as assigned by the Associate Superintendent.
- Bachelor’s Degree required, Master’s degree a plus
- 1-3 years of experience working directly for an individual in a leadership role, teaching, or comparable experience.
- Excellent information management, analytical, administrative and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate and work well on a team, providing assistance as needed.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and balance multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency with computers and technology including Microsoft Office Suite, especially Word, Excel, and PowerPoint, Google Tools, Adobe, etc.
- Knowledge of education management or schools (preferred).