The Department of Education – Superintendent of Schools Office is looking for a School Technology Director.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
The School Technology Director will be charged with providing leadership in the identification, assessment, and management of school system technology needs for the Superintendent and in close coordination with the archdiocese’s Director of Information Technology. A key component of the role will be to develop and implement a strategic technology plan that contains an assessment of the current state of technology in the schools and incorporates best practices in instructional technology, infrastructure, and data analytics.
Leadership and Vision
- Actively participate with members of the Superintendent’s cabinet to create a vision for how technology will support the school system’s strategic and operational goals.
- Establish and lead advisory committees that inform and support meaningful and effective technology in support of the school system’s strategic goals.
- Integrate technology with curriculum and instruction to provide an appropriate teaching and learning environment.
- Communicate to stakeholders the appropriate ethical and professional behavior for technology use.
Instructional Focus and Professional Development
- Contribute to the coordination, planning and delivery of purposeful professional development (e.g., principals, teachers, staff, instructional specialists, parents).
- Promote the application of technology to address the diverse needs of students and maximize student learning (e.g., blended learning, educational platforms, online professional development for staff, Superintendent’s instructional programming network).
- Provide feedback on a regular basis regarding areas of strength and required growth, using quantitative and qualitative data.
- Evaluate and recommend network infrastructure, hardware/software and technology device management (e.g., PARCC readiness, one-to-one applications).
- Assist in the evaluation of and provide recommendations for the E-Rate program.
- Develop and execute a plan for schools in response to the pending expiration of the Windows XP system.
- Develop and manage budgets, both annually and long-range (e.g., SMART Bond implementation, city/state/federal funding).
- Direct, manage, and negotiate with vendors and business partners.
- Supervise a technology staff.
- Advise technology committees of regional boards.
Data Warehousing and Analysis
- Establish systems and tools for gathering, warehousing, analyzing, integrating, and reporting accurate data in usable and meaningful ways (e.g., Census, SIS, ASSIST).
- Make decisions based on data and related processes in support of stakeholders.