The Development Office is looking for a Communications Director.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Archdiocese of New York
Mission Statement: In service to God, the Development Office of the Archdiocese of New York
seeks to build a culture of generosity inspired by our Lord’s own model of self-gift.
Through fundraising and stewardship, the Development Office cultivates long-lasting relationships with priests, parishioners, and lay leaders to ensure the financial stability of our Church in New York and to bear witness to Christ’s eternal message of charity.
Primary Responsibility: The Communications Director of the Development Office assists the Executive Director by building strategic communications for the Development Office with donors, pastors, parishioners, internal and other constituents. This position will provide leadership and vision in how the department best integrates its messaging and drives communication through the clear and effective use of language and images consistent with the values of the Archdiocese of New York.
Direct Supervisor: Executive Director of Development
- Develop and execute a communications plan for the Development Office, ensuring quality and quantity of communications material is consistent with its mission and projects a cohesive message
- Update and improve current materials across campaigns, such as the CASA 2021 materials, the 2022 Capital Campaign materials, Saint John Vianney Residence, Alfred E. Smith Foundation annual report, and the St. Patrick’s Cathedral annual mailing
- Act as main point of contact for the Archdiocese’s Marketing Department and Communications Department, including handling all Ministry Connections newsletters, acting as point of contact for Luminate needs, serving on the social media council, and handling other internal communications needs
- Responsible for press strategy for the Alfred E. Smith Foundation, and serve as support for the Communications Office for press for the Alfred E. Smith Dinner
- Work closely with other members of the Development Office’s senior management team to create more consistent and cohesive communications to more effectively communicate and grow donor base
- Create and implement an online communications strategy for the Development Department
- Serve as lead copywriter for organizational communications, ads and collateral
- Special projects as needed
Standards of Performance:
- Facilitate communications across all department initiatives
- Ensure the timely completion and accuracy of assigned projects
- Ability to collaborate with clergy, upper management, the Archdiocesan Communications Office and Marketing Office, press, parish leaders, and volunteers
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- 5-10 years communications experience preferred
- Exceptional written and oral communication skills
- Experience managing a staff and budget is preferable
- Experience writing press releases is preferable
- Must have a thorough understanding and possess the ability to communicate Catholic culture, ideals and beliefs
- Ability to do high level strategic planning.
- Experience with digital marketing and audience development initiatives.
- Possess initiative to constantly seek ways to improve department communications
- Ability to build relationships with and engage direct and indirect reports and peers.
- Quick-paced, deadline-driven, reliable professional
- Ability to take on added responsibility as it is presented
- Spanish language ability preferred