The Development Office is looking for a Development Administrator, Gift Processing.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
ARCHDIOCESE OF NEW YORK
Development Administrator Gift Processing
Mission Statement: In service to God, the Development Office of the Archdiocese of New York
seeks to build a culture of generosity inspired by our Lord’s own model of self-gift.
Through fundraising and stewardship, the Development Office cultivates long-lasting relationships
with priests, parishioners, and lay leaders to ensure the financial stability of our Church in New York
and to bear witness to Christ’s eternal message of charity.
Primary Responsibility: Manage and execute all aspects of the Development Office’s gift processing and acknowledgements.
Direct Supervisor: Operations Manager
- Assist with the daily mail processing for all campaigns, except Al Smith, including distributing the mail and reviewing returned mail with the appropriate parties
- Perform prompt and accurate daily gift processing across all divisions of the development department coming mainly through mail, checks, cash, as well as credit cards, phones and alternative gifts
- Collaborate with the Donor Data Center in the resolution of problematic gift processing or account management issues (i.e. bounce backs, in-pews)
- Own the implementation of gift processing guidelines and procedures (i.e. CASA, R&R, SJS SJV, AES, SPC, etc.)
- In collaboration with major campaign leadership, draft and edit acknowledgement letter templates to ensure they are accurate and on message
- Prepare as requested tax receipt letters, acknowledgement letters, and general follow-up for major campaigns
- Manage all gift-related emails and phone calls in a friendly and efficient way
- Assist in the coordination of campaign mailings and operations
- Back up for Operational and Administrative activities
- Special projects as needed
Standards of Performance:
- Implement and maintain a clear and efficient pledge processing system
- Provide the highest level of customer service to pastors and donors
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent writing and communications skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Raiser’s Edge
- The ability to find solutions and respond clearly to complex inquiries
- Organized and self-motivated with impeccable attention to detail
- Maintain composure in dealing with a high volume of pledges and donor communication
- Mission-driven with a team-player mentality
- Adept at working collaboratively with colleagues across departments
- Ability to take on added responsibility as it is presented
- Spanish-speaking preferred
- A passion for the Catholic Church and a deep understanding of Catholic culture