The Development Office is looking for a Development Associate, Campaign Support Services.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
ARCHDIOCESE OF NEW YORK
Development Associate, Campaign Support Services
Campaign Overview: For over 200 years, parishes in the Archdiocese of New York have been spiritual homes to millions of Catholics from every conceivable background and ethnicity. And as our Church has grown and changed over time, so have its needs.
In order to meet these changing needs, the Archdiocese of New York has embarked upon a $200 million capital campaign, Renew + Rebuild. The primary purpose of this campaign is to renew and revitalize our faith communities by providing support to our parishes, clergy, schools, and charities. As part of the Renew + Rebuild team, you will play an invaluable role in aiding pastors and parishioners to build and sustain active ministries and vibrant community life.
Primary Responsibility: To implement and execute the pledge redemption efforts of the Renew + Rebuild capital campaign with a minimum goal of achieving an 85-90% redemption rate in the parishes, and to provide additional operational support to the capital campaign team.
Professional Level: 3-5 years experience
Direct Supervisor: Operations Manager
- Implement all back-office aspects of the capital campaign pledge collection process, including but not limited to pledge redemption mailings, outreach phone calls, and the conversion of anticipated cash payments to electronic payments.
- Manage all incoming donor and pastor calls regarding questions or concerns about a pledge status.
- Liaise with Donor Database Center to resolve pledge redemption questions.
- Update and edit the pledge collection materials and manual as needed.
- Provide support to campaign managers in the distribution of pledge collection materials to the parishes.
- Track pledge redemption rates by parish and identify parishes in need of additional support.
- Regularly report to senior development staff on parish pledge redemption progress.
- Pull online reports on a weekly basis and summarize trends for senior development staff.
- Work with Donor Data Center to acquire Raiser’s Edge list pulls according to campaign needs.
- Merge and prepare parish databases as needed.
- Special projects as needed.
Standards of Performance:
- Help to achieve overall pledge redemption goal of $2M-$6M
- Excellent ability to track, analyze, and summarize data trends
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Raiser’s Edge
- Ability to carry out multiple and diverse tasks concurrently
- Ability to take on added responsibility as it is presented
- Spanish-speaking preferred
- Driver’s license required
- Capital Campaign and pledge collection experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree
- Mission-driven person with a team-player mentality and talent for maintaining enthusiasm and momentum at the conclusion of a campaign