The Development Office is looking for a Development Associate, Donor Relations
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Mission Statement: In service to God, the Development Office of the Archdiocese of New York
seeks to build a culture of generosity inspired by our Lord’s own model of self-gift.
Through fundraising and stewardship, the Development Office cultivates long-lasting relationships
with priests, parishioners, and lay leaders to ensure the financial stability of our Church in New York
and to bear witness to Christ’s eternal message of charity.
Primary Responsibility: The Development Associate, Donor Relations is responsible for proactive and responsive research and is an integral part of the Development office. The position will focus on identifying prospects through queries, research, wealth screenings and other resources. The Associate will be responsible for collecting and compiling background materials on new and existing donors.
Direct Supervisor: Director of Donor Relations
- Prepare in-depth confidential research profiles on individual donors, foundations and corporations using a wide variety of biographical, organizational and financial sources, Internet websites, library and other external sources of public information.
- Proactively identify and qualify prospective individual donors, foundations and corporations using pre-determined data qualifiers.
- Proactively cull the donor database in order to surface the most promising prospects
- Determine appropriate content of prospective donor profiles for high-level review
- Collaborate with Development office staff to provide research-based analysis to assist with cultivation/solicitation strategies
- Evaluate research results to develop and implement further research strategies
- Maintain Raiser’s Edge database specific to prospect research
- Manage Donor Profile library
- Enter, manage and update research profiles and reports
- Act as point of contact for external research consultants
- Perform other duties and assist with special projects as necessary
Standards of Performance:
- Represent the Archdiocese in a professional and positive manner
- Prepare precise, well-written, and articulate correspondence
- Support the Director of Donor Relations and Executive Director with high standard administrative work for excellent top donor management
Required Education, Experience, and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 2-3 years of prospect research experience or related experience
- Strong knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Knowledge of internet and standard research sites: Raiser’s Edge, LexisNexis, ResearchPoint, Wealth Engine and other data sources to locate accurate biographical, financial, and philanthropic information.
- Excellent analytical, problem-solving, interpersonal and communication skills, including strong written and verbal skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills, including the ability to set priorities and manage multiple projects simultaneously with high attention to detail
- Possess initiative to constantly seek ways to improve prospect research process
- A passion for the Catholic Church and a deep understanding of Catholic culture