The Development Office is looking for a Development Associate, Operations.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
ARCHDIOCESE OF NEW YORK
Development Associate, Operations
Mission Statement: In service to God, the Development Office of the Archdiocese of New York
seeks to build a culture of generosity inspired by our Lord’s own model of self-gift.
Through fundraising and stewardship, the Development Office cultivates long-lasting relationships
with priests, parishioners, and lay leaders to ensure the financial stability of our Church in New York
and to bear witness to Christ’s eternal message of charity.
Primary Responsibility: To implement and execute the pledge redemption activity for all campaigns and to provide additional operational support to the capital campaign team. Manage and execute all aspects of the Development Office’s pledge processing and gift acknowledgements.
Direct Supervisor: Operations Manager
- Implement all back-office aspects of the capital campaign pledge collection process, including but not limited to pledge redemption mailings, outreach phone calls, and the conversion of anticipated cash payments to electronic payments.
- Manage all incoming donor and pastor calls regarding questions or concerns about a pledge status.
- Liaise with Donor Database Center to resolve pledge redemption questions.
- Update and edit the pledge collection materials and manual as needed.
- Provide support to campaign managers in the distribution of pledge collection materials to the parishes.
- Track pledge redemption rates by parish and identify parishes in need of additional support.
- Regularly report to senior development staff on parish pledge redemption progress.
- Pull online reports on a weekly basis and summarize trends for senior development staff.
- Work with Donor Data Center to acquire Raiser’s Edge list pulls according to campaign needs.
- Merge and prepare parish databases as needed.
- Special projects as needed.
- Perform prompt and accurate daily gift processing
- Collaborate with the Donor Data Center in the resolution of problematic gift processing or account management issues
- Assist with the implementation of gift processing guidelines and procedures
- In collaboration with major campaign leadership, draft and edit acknowledgement letter templates to ensure they are accurate and on message
- Prepare tax receipt letters, acknowledgement letters, and general follow-up for major campaigns
- Manage all gift-related emails and phone calls in a friendly and efficient way
- Assist in the coordination of campaign mailings and operations
- Special projects as needed
Standards of Performance:
- Help to achieve overall pledge redemption goal
- Implement and maintain a clear and efficient pledge processing system
- Provide the highest level of customer service to pastors and donors
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Excellent ability to track, analyze, and summarize data trends
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Advanced knowledge of Windows, Microsoft Word, Excel, and Raiser’s Edge
- Ability to carry out multiple and diverse tasks concurrently
- The ability to find solutions and respond clearly to complex inquiries
- Organized and self-motivated with impeccable attention to detail
- Mission-driven with a team-player mentality
- Talent for maintaining enthusiasm and momentum at the conclusion of a campaign
- Maintain composure in dealing with a high volume of pledges and donor communication
- Ability to take on added responsibility as it is presented
- Spanish-speaking preferred
- Driver’s license required
- Capital Campaign and pledge collection experience preferred
- A passion for the Catholic Church and a deep understanding of Catholic culture