The Development Office is looking for a Development Associate, Planned Giving
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
ARCHDIOCESE OF NEW YORK
Development Associate, Planned Giving
Mission Statement: In service to God, the Development Office of the Archdiocese of New York
seeks to build a culture of generosity inspired by our Lord’s own model of self-gift.
Through fundraising and stewardship, the Development Office cultivates long-lasting relationships
with priests, parishioners, and lay leaders to ensure the financial stability of our Church in New York
and to bear witness to Christ’s eternal message of charity.
Primary Responsibility: The Planned Giving Associate acts as a general assistant to the Gift Planning Division by performing many non-routine office functions in the coordination of all planned gifts for the Archdiocese of New York, Catholic Education Advancement, Inner-City Scholarship Fund, and any other contracted clients.
Direct Supervisor: Manager, Planned Giving
- Assist the Manager, Planned Giving and the Director of the Cardinal’s Annual Stewardship Appeal in carrying out the office operation responsibilities.
- Assist in preparing estate planning marketing materials including multi-channel means of reaching potential donors: including print, email, website, presentations. Coordinate with outside vendors.
- Coordinate and maintain directory of allied professionals—estate planning attorneys, financial advisors, accountants, insurance executives for marketing and referrals for Planned Giving prospects. Coordinate periodic meeting with allied professionals and Archdiocese.
- Responsible for the coordination/completion and the quality of clerical work for Planned Giving that includes word processing, Raiser’s Edge database upkeep, processing mail, scanning/photocopying, expense report accounting, correspondence, and maintaining donor files.
- Responsible for scheduling cultivation and solicitation appointments for meetings, luncheons, and dinners for senior development staff.
- Respond to formal and informal requests for information regarding deferred/planned gifts from donors and community members.
- Compile and logically format statistical data and reports of planned gifts, pledges and payments or distributions received.
- Maintain a comprehensive tracking system for all planned gift donors and prospects, oversee the generation of monthly reports.
- Organizes estate planning seminars and volunteers needed to assist with preparation and delivery of the seminars, events and programs.
- Ensure that planned gift records and reports are compiled and maintained
- Coordinate Legacy of Faith Society, committee meetings, and other event planning.
- Special projects as needed.
Standards of Performance:
- Ability to work collaboratively with Catholic Education Advancement, Inner-City Scholarship Fund offices, and all other contracted clients.
- Communicate effectively with donors
- Maintain confidentiality of donor information.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Finance, Communications or Marketing, or 2-3 years of paralegal experience, with a background in Finance or Trusts / Estates
- Intelligent, highly motivated self-starter and self-manager
- Effective and polished communicator, both verbally and in written form
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills, with the ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Excellent project and time management skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Ability to provide excellent customer service
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience with PG Calc and Raiser’s Edge, preferred.
- Notary Public preferred
- Driver’s license preferred
- Fluency in Spanish preferred
- A passion for the Catholic Church and a deep understanding of Catholic culture