The Development Office is looking for a Director of Major Campaigns & Operations
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
Archdiocese of New York
Director of Major Campaigns and Operations
Mission Statement: In service to God, the Development Office of the Archdiocese of New York seeks to build a culture of generosity inspired by our Lord’s own model of self-gift.
Through fundraising and stewardship, the Development Office cultivates long-lasting relationships with priests, parishioners, and lay leaders to ensure the financial stability of our Church in New York and to bear witness to Christ’s eternal message of charity.
Primary Responsibility: The Director of Major Campaigns and Operations assists the Executive Director of Development by overseeing all operations of the department and ensuring the appropriate planning and execution of all major diocesan campaigns
Professional Level: At least 5-10 years experience in fundraising and/or management-operations.
Direct Supervisor: Executive Director of Development
- Plan and oversee the next $300 million diocesan-wide capital campaign planned for 2021/2022.
- Oversee pledge redemption efforts for the Capital Campaign
- Oversee and implement all extraordinary parish fundraising campaigns
- Own data analytics and regular reporting and oversee the liaison between the Development Office and Donor Database Office
- Manage 2-3 direct reports (Senior Manager, Operations Manager, Donor Database Associate)
- Accompany campaign managers in the field as needed to provide support and guidance
- Successfully manage and mentor operations team to match budget plans
- Provide real time analysis and projections of campaign progress to the Executive Director
- Coordinate with the Director of the Cardinal’s Annual Stewardship Appeal to execute CASA operations
- Special projects as needed
Standards of Performance:
- Achieve 85-90% of pledge redemption
- Produce next capital campaign plan that will achieve $300 million.
- Facilitate fundraising activities across all major campaigns
- Ensure 295 parishes are equipped with fundraising tools to meet their goals
- Create and produce reports on Key Performance Indicators for campaigns department-wide
- Ensure the timely completion and accuracy of assigned projects, including mailings, gift processing, pledge redemption, acknowledgements, and database management.
- Ability to collaborate with clergy, upper management, parish leaders, and volunteers
- Bachelor’s degree required; Master’s preferred
- Advanced knowledge of Excel, Razor’s Edge, and Access.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Possess initiative to constantly seek ways to improve fundraising results within budget parameters
- Quick-paced, reliable professional who is respectful of the traditions and mission of the archdiocese
- Ability to take on added responsibility as it is presented