The Development Office is looking for a Front Desk Associate.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
ARCHDIOCESE OF NEW YORK
Front Desk Associate
Overview: The Front Desk Associate plays a key role in welcoming pastors, donors, and other guests to the development office and provides the highest level of customer service for all donor calls and inquiries.
Direct Supervisor: Office Manager
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Receive visitors to the development office by greeting, welcoming, directing, and announcing them appropriately
- Communicate with the security team on visitor preparation and arrival
- Manage incoming English, Spanish, and bilingual phone calls for the Cardinal’s Annual Stewardship Appeal and Renew + Rebuild campaigns and respond to requests in a timely and courteous manner. These requests could include but are not limited to:
- Working with Data Center to change a gift amount or payment schedule
- Updating contact information or Raiser’s Edge record
- Collecting event RSVPs
- Providing campaign updates to parish secretaries
- Accept credit card donations over the phone and communicates gift information to necessary parties with speed and accuracy
- Work closely with Donor Database Center with donor issues initiated from callers
- Receive, sort, and distribute daily mail
- Maintain Raiser’s Edge updates as needed
- Serve as back-up to the Office Manager on invoice processing and standard operating procedures
- Special projects as needed
- The Front Desk Associate is the first point of contact for the development team. The ideal candidate is hospitable, professional, and extremely organized.
- The Front Desk Associate plays a key role in triaging all campaign calls and accepting donations, managing donor requests, and maintaining accurate donor records in Raiser’s Edge.
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role in a professional environment
- Spanish fluency
- A passion for the Catholic Church and deep understanding of Catholic culture
- Non-profit development and/or customer service experience
- A Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Raiser’s Edge experience preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proven experience in task prioritization
- A keen eye for detail and excellent organization skills
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- A polished communicator through various mediums: letters, e-mail, phone, and in-person
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Proactive, resourceful, and adaptable
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Poised at all times and calm under pressure
- A self-motivated team player
- Skilled at dealing with external partners respectfully, professionally and with diplomacy and tact