The Development Office is looking for a Senior Associate, Operations.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
ARCHDIOCESE OF NEW YORK
Senior Associate, Major Campaigns and Operations
Mission Statement: In service to God, the Development Office of the Archdiocese of New York
seeks to build a culture of generosity inspired by our Lord’s own model of self-gift.
Through fundraising and stewardship, the Development Office cultivates long-lasting relationships
with priests, parishioners, and lay leaders to ensure the financial stability of our Church in New York
and to bear witness to Christ’s eternal message of charity.
Primary Responsibility: The Senior Associate provides support to the Operations Manager with the daily operations of the Development office ensuring that the mechanics of fundraising campaigns run flawlessly, and that mailings, communications, and processes are clear, consistent, and on time. Because the Development Department’s fundraising success is dependent upon the seamless integration of many moving parts, the Senior Associate plays an integral role in reaching the fundraising goals for the Development Department.
Direct Supervisor: Operations Manager
- Support Operations Manager in all operational needs of the Development Office
- Execute mailings internally as well as coordinate with vendors for both campaigns in consultation with Operations Manager
- Assist with the preparation for operational meetings for major campaigns
- Point person for operation support requests for the development department and ensure timely project execution through oversight of student interns
- Assist with major operational components of both campaigns, including pledge processing, pledge redemption and data coordination, as needed
- Assist with ordering and inventory of campaign materials
- Coordinate and process all gifts of securities
- Assist the Operations Manager with the preparation of campaign reports
- Assist the Operations Manager with the creation and revision of manuals and trainings, and helping produce the content and design of campaign materials
- Provide back-up phone coverage
- Special projects as assigned
Standards of Performance:
- Ensure that department mailings are produced flawlessly and on time
- Ensure efficient operational support through successful coordination with campaign managers, operations associates, the Data Center, and vendors
- Proactively execute all assigned tasks with minimal supervision
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- A bachelor’s degree
- 2-3 years of experience in operations or direct mail preferred
- An organized team player with impeccable attention to detail, proactively catching and avoiding potential mistakes
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Excellent project and time management skills with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Awareness of internal and external customer needs
- Technologically savvy, with a strong knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite; Raiser’s Edge or other database experience is a plus
- A passion for the Catholic Church and a deep understanding of Catholic culture