Institutional Commodity Services is looking for a Director of Equipment Sourcing.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to Theresa.Cullen-Seidel@nyics.org.
Position Description: Institutional Commodity Services (ICS) is the central purchasing office for parishes, schools and Catholic institutions in the Greater New York area. Founded and headquartered in the Archdiocese of New York, it also serves the Archdiocese of Newark and the Dioceses of Albany, Bridgeport, Brooklyn and Camden.
The equipment sourcing director is responsible to expand the equipment sourcing program through careful analysis of the current customer base and identification of opportunities in other arch/dioceses served by ICS. He or she reports to the ICS executive director.
Direct, Develop and Coordinate
- Provide direction and supervision for ICS equipment sourcing staff and sales team.
- Analyze existing customer database and equipment sourcing program. Develop action plan to increase the business significantly and expand it into other ICS-served dioceses.
- Analyze existing lease agreements collected by sales reps from clients who lease from outside vendors.
- Negotiate with vendors for the best prices, products and services for ICS customers.
- Work with sales representatives, equipment sourcing sales manager and coordinator to review clients’ needs and ensure the accuracy of proposals.
- Review proposals prepared by sales representatives. Establish customer pricing.
- Verify and approve sales brochure copy.
- Troubleshoot client issues to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Work with coordinator and sales representatives to provide outstanding customer service and resolve issues.
- Review accounts receivable and accounts payable regularly. Work with sales reps to ensure timely billing and payments.
- Perform quarterly visits to equipment manufacturers and dealers to increase knowledge of products and enhance understanding of client needs.
- Attend regular meetings of managers and sales force.
- Provide timely reports to sales team identifying expiring leases and new opportunities.
- Provide timely bi-weekly, monthly and quarterly reports to executive director.
- Assist executive director on other projects, as directed.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, or related field
- Minimum three years experience in sales
- Working knowledge of Catholic church structure and organization
- Well-organized, with developed project management skills and ability to multi-task, set priorities and meet deadlines
- Affinity for working collaboratively in a team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; bi-lingual capacity a plus
- Excellent computer skills, including Word, Excel and SMART boards; familiarity with leasing software a plus