Qualified candidates may submit their resume and cover letter to the Pastor
ATTN: Msgr. Anthony Sherman
FAX: (718) 631-1774
ST ANASTASIA RC CHURCH
45-14 245th St.
Douglaston, NY 11362-1135
The Director of Faith Formation is expected to have capabilities in:
• Theology and an active and deep faith
* Full participation in the communal worship life of the Church
* Good computer skills- knowledge and ability to use Microsoft Office
and be open to learning new programs.
• Program Development
• Communication and Relationship Building and is collaborative and a
team-builder must work with linkage of the parish and the Academy(K-8).
* Maturity and flexibility is called for.
• Administration and Management
• Catechist Development
The Director of Faith Formation is expected to hold a master’s degree
in Pastoral Ministry.
The Director of Faith Formation is expected to have a minimum of five
years teaching experience in a Catholic school or equivalent and at least one year of paid administrative experience.
Major position responsibilities and regular activities:
1. Designs catechetical programs which support lifelong faith formation:
• Conducts needs assessments in the parish.
• Integrates insights from current catechetical literature into program planning.
• Develops goals, objectives, and strategies for the total religious education program.
• Articulates a vision/direction for the parish’s catechetical program and support for the Divine Wisdom Academy(K-8).
• Pursues further education and professional development.
2. Develops a coordinated approach toward total parish religious education (i.e. faith development)
• Designs catechetical programs which meet the needs of the parish community.
• Recruits/hires, trains, supervises, and evaluates catechists and
support staff. Insures that all catechists and volunteers are working toward and maintaining a suitable level of certification. Maintains certification records for all catechist volunteers.
• Maintains relationship with pastor, other parish staff members, catechetical staff, Divine Wisdom Administration and Diocesan Office of Faith Formation. Also keeps a line of communication open with the public-school officials in the local school districts.
*Prepares a formation calendar: preparing schedules for catechetical classes in conjunction with the Calendars of St. Anastasia Parish and Divine Wisdom Academy.
• Develops individualized programs for parishioners with special religious education
• Is responsible for the acquisition and maintenance of AV equipment.
For the Formation Program
• Identifies and enables leadership within the community to take Responsibility for program components.
• Adjusts program components (space, time, materials, human, and physical resources) and helps determine an articulated and reasonable policy on fees.
* Is an ex officio member of the Parish Council.
Responsibility for Quantifiable Measures
a. The Director of Faith Formation is responsible for a budget of $35,000.
b. The Director of Faith Formation supervises a catechetical and support staff of 11 people (Afternoon $30 Night $35) who are paid.
This position requires frequent evening and weekend work.
The following is a list of programs for which then Director of Faith Formation is responsible:
• Elementary Parish Program of Religious Education • Elementary School/Academy Religion Program
• Early Childhood Programs
• Sacramental Preparation Programs (Baptism, Confirmation, Eucharist, Reconciliation, Marriage)
• Special Religious Education Program
* Youth and Young Adult Formation
• Adult Education Programs
* RCIA Process
* Coordinating Parish Vocation Committee
For more information, visit https://www.catholicjobs.com/job/9969132525