The Adult Faith Formation Office is looking for a Director of Operations.
The job description is attached.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to:
ARCHDIOCESE OF NEW YORK
Adult Faith Formation Office
Director of Operations
Primary Responsibility: The Director of Operations assists the Director with the daily operations of the office, organizes and oversees events, communications, and manages the various programs and projects of the office.
Professional Level: At least 3 – 5 years experience in Church ministry or similar nonprofit environment.
Direct Supervisor: Director of Adult Faith Formation
- Read and absorb high volume of material including email correspondence, memos, news articles, etc. daily in order to correctly field questions, disseminate information to proper individuals, and take action accordingly.
- Assist the director in achieving the goals and objectives of the office
- Prepare statistical reports and financial data when needed
- Organize and execute special events sponsored by the office
- Maintain databases of various constituencies served by the office
- Facilitate smooth and effective communication among various directors
- Manage logistics needs including the receptionist
- Responsible for maintaining and updating digital media presence of office
- Assume responsibility for special projects
Standards of Performance:
- Support the Director in monitoring the overall goal
- Ensure the smooth day-to-day operations of the office
- Ensure the timely completion and accuracy of assigned projects
- Master’s degree required, strong interest in Theology and Evangelization
- Familiarity with basic website editing, social media
- Strong knowledge of Office Suite
- Intelligent, articulate, highly motivated self-starter
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Ability to relate effectively with upper management, peers and others
- Ability to independently carry out multiple and diverse tasks concurrently
- Possess initiative to constantly seek ways to improve program outcomes
- Ability to take on added responsibility as it is presented