• Director of Religious Education at the Parish of St. Augustine in Larchmont, NY (Westchester County)
• The Parish of St. Augustine is seeking a faithful, courageous, and joyful Catholic who is passionate about passing on the authentic teaching of Jesus Christ and His Church.
• Working together with the Pastor and the Administrator, the DRE will collaborate with a number of full and part-time employees and more than 50 volunteer catechists and assistants to pass on the Catholic faith to about 500 children in grades 1-9 each year with a special emphasis on preparation for the Sacraments of Reconciliation, Holy Communion, and Confirmation.
• The DRE is responsible for recruiting, forming, and evaluating catechists.
• The DRE is responsible for the promotion of the Religious Education Program in the parish and in the broader community.
• In addition to organizing weekly classes (from September to June), the DRE is expected to involve families in the religious education of their children, which includes organizing multiple sessions of family catechesis throughout the year. The DRE must help to guide families toward full integration into the life of the parish.
• Most importantly, the DRE is called to assist the Pastor and Administrator in drawing families into a deeper union with the Holy Trinity and to help them grow in the theological virtues of faith, hope, and charity.
• The DRE must be a shining example of the freedom and joy that come from living and breathing the Catholic faith.
Education, Experience & Skills:
• Master’s Degree (preferred) in religious studies, religious education, theology or a related field from an institution recognized by the Archdiocese of New York.
• DRE Certification
• Desire and ability to articulate the authentic teaching of Jesus Christ and His Church to both children and adults alike.
• Ability to work collaboratively with others.
• Ability to build and maintain positive relationships with co-workers, families, and children.
• Ability to guide and form effective catechists.
• Excellent organization and technology skills.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills.
• Motivated, self-starter with ability to multi-task.
• E-mail cover letter and resume to Rev. Louis P. Masi at firstname.lastname@example.org