Archdiocese of New York
Director of Risk Management and Insurance Services
Reporting to the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), the Director is responsible for the overall risk management and insurance for the Archdiocese of New York. Ensure that the physical resources of the Archdiocese and its organizational units are appropriately protected by property and casualty insurance, alternative risk solutions and sound risk management practices.
- Work with service providers to develop and implement effective risk management strategies that balance insurance coverage, self insured retention and other alternative risk solutions.
- Manage the quality of claims services, and insurance costs within the market.
- Negotiate with brokers and consultants to secure the best possible terms for each policy renewal.
- Determine the mix of retention and transfer of risk utilizing a captive insurance company and other solutions based on risk appetite, market pricing and other factors.
- Oversee the operations and financials of the captive insurance company.
- Arrange and maintain minutes for monthly captive meeting for officers of captive insurance company.
- Determine the eligibility of all participants in the Archdiocesan program.
- Develop and implement administrative processes to ensure that each parish, school and agency is properly insured and serviced accordingly.
- Maintain copies of all current and past insurance policies.
- Communicate the insurance programs so as to inform, attract and retain all participants.
- Assure that all participants are informed on proactive programs and procedures to prevent losses and that all communications relating to risk management programs are complete, accurate, timely and suited in format to the target audience and purpose and that all participants implement sound loss control procedures.
- Review as needed the existing equitable allocation of insurance premiums, administrative costs and reserves among participants.
- Assure that all program participants are properly assessed for coverage and pay their insurance charges, timely.
- Manage all liability and property claims approving all reserving and payments.
- Negotiate and approve settlement of claims within retention. Negotiate with carriers when loss exceeds retention.
- Ensure that coverage and provision of services conform to the religious, moral, professional and ethical principles of the Archdiocese, and that they are applied equitably among all staff members.
- Define internal and external reporting requirements and assure that all are met.
- Monitor all claim activity to ensure that reserves are adequate.
- Produce quarterly Risk Management Newsletter for all members in insurance program.
Education & Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in Business, Risk Management or related field
- 7-10 years’ experience insurance and financial related experience
- Attorney or CPA preferred.
- Advanced analytical, organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: Frank.Napolitano@archny.org