The Development Office is looking for an Executive Assistant to the Executive Director.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Overview: The Executive Assistant provides high-level administrative support to the Executive Director in her efforts to advance the strategic fundraising priorities of the Archdiocese of New York. This person plays a key role in donor and prospect management and works closely with the development team in coordinating the Executive Director’s outreach activities.
Direct Supervisor: Executive Director of Development
Essential Position Responsibilities:
- Prepare polished written correspondence and presentations at the direction of the Executive Director
- Maintain the Executive Director’s appointments by planning and scheduling donor, pastor, board, and committee meetings, conferences, teleconferences, and travel
- Manage internal and external project deadlines for the Executive Director and provide appropriate reminders
- Ensure the Executive Director is equipped with all necessary materials and documents for internal and external meetings and provide post-meeting support and written minutes and follow-up
- Prepare, organize, and circulate memos, monthly reports, yearly calendars, and other internal documents originating from the office of the Executive Director
- Follow up on contacts made by the Executive Director to support ongoing and prospective donor relationships
- Provide support for events and special projects and the administrative needs of the Executive Director’s Chief of Staff, as needed
- The Executive Assistant plays a critical role in the donor life cycle and is responsible for securing meetings for the Executive Director.
- The Executive Assistant will fully leverage the Executive Director’s time by scheduling strategically and by off-loading key administrative tasks.
- The Executive Assistant is a key component in building personal and institutional relationships and fostering teamwork and encouragement amongst the entire development staff.
- A Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- 2+ years of experience in a similar role in a professional environment
- A proven track record of navigating complex protocols and managing high-level relationships
- Experience in development and fundraising
- Advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proven experience in calendar management and prioritization of tasks
- Non-profit development experience preferred
Required Education, Experience, and Skills:
- A polished communicator through various mediums: letters, e-mail, phone, and in-person
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Highly organized and detail-oriented
- Proactive, resourceful, and adaptable
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Poised at all times and calm under pressure
- A self-motivated team player
Skilled at dealing with external partners respectfully, professionally and with diplomacy and tact