The Family Life Initiatives Coordinator will work directly with the Director to plan, organize, implement, manage, and update major initiatives of the Office of Family Life of the Archdiocese of New York identified in the annual pastoral plan.
THIS POSITION IS RESPONSIBLE FOR:
· Managing the major initiatives identified by the Director of the Office of Family Life
· Identifying parishes who would be excellent candidates for the various initiatives.
· Promoting the identified initiatives throughout the Archdiocese of New York.
· Accompanying parishes involved in various initiatives.
· Collaborating with Archdiocesan departments and offices as well as outside agencies
· Collaborating with the Director to identify new initiatives for implementation across the Archdiocese.
· Evaluate and access family/parish/collaborative parish evangelization relating to the approved initiatives.
· Other tasks as assigned.
REQUIRED FAITH-BASED KNOWLEDGE/COMMITMENT
· A practicing Catholic who accepts and is willing to abide by and give personal witness to authentic Church teachings, particularly on issues relating to the Office’s mission to promote respect for human life, family and marriage, chastity, and human sexuality.
· Ability to articulate the core teachings of the Catholic Faith as handed on through Sacred Scripture, Sacred Tradition, and the Magisterium of the Church. Good knowledge of Church teaching particularly on issues regarding marriage and family, the theology of the body, and life issues.
· Able to support the Family Life Office’s mission to respect all human life, in particular the most vulnerable.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND ADDITIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
· Bachelor’s Degree in Theology, Pastoral Ministry, Religious Studies, or Education.
· Strong technology skills with proficiency in using all Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel PowerPoint, Outlook) and project management software.
· Ability to work within the complex ecclesial structure of the Catholic Church.
· Ability to work collaboratively within diverse groups to build teams, develop and maintain relationships, negotiate decisions, solve complex people-centric problems, and resolve conflicts.
· Excellent interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills.
· Be willing to travel throughout the archdiocese and to collaborate with departments and agencies within the chancery, the archdiocese and beyond.
Send resume and cover letter to Theodore.Musco@archny.org
Compensation range for this position is: $60-70k.