To apply, please email cover letter and resume to MaryElise.Zellmer@archny.org
Office of Young Adult Outreach
The Hispanic Coordinator of Young Adult Outreach for the Archdiocese of New York will connect Catholic Hispanic young adults to resources, events, and likeminded peers living in the archdiocese. In order to reach out to Hispanic young adults in the Archdiocese of New York, the coordinator will serve as a highly visible resource in assisting and supporting area leaders in identifying needs and developing new initiatives. The coordinator will serve as an initial contact for Hispanic young adults, guiding them as they discover the various ministries and opportunities available in the archdiocese. The coordinator will seek first to foster fellowship and create community, while assisting in creating circumstances for building relationships and friendships among Hispanic Catholic young adults. In addition, with a powerful communications infrastructure at his or her disposal—including thousands of contacts- the coordinator will utilize powerful and well branded marketing and social networking tools in order to attract young adults seeking Catholic resources. By attending events, organizing meetings, and networking, the Coordinator will become a leader in the Catholic community of New York, specifically to the Hispanic young adults and priests in the Archdiocese. The coordinator will be very involved in the imminent growth and expansion of this program and its outreach.
- Perform tasks given to them from the Director of Young Adult Outreach.
- Become a bridge for the Hispanic community and the Office of Young Adult Outreach.
- Create opportunities for Hispanic young adults to have a personal encounter with Jesus Christ by directing them to the sacraments, setting up events, and holding programs that will lead them to Christ.
- Create opportunities for Hispanic young professionals to get in contact with like-minded individuals.
- Serve all Hispanic young adult groups throughout the Archdiocese.
- Attend various young adult events, requiring nights and weekends.
- Oversee the Associate Region 3/Hispanic Outreach Coordinator.
- Respond to daily requests from young adults, providing resources and assistance.
- Coordinate weekly individual meetings with church and civic leaders.
- Create and direct special events for Hispanic young adults.
- Create unique marketing materials and expansive outreach strategy.
- Coordinate individual meetings with Hispanic young adults in their area.
- Contact person for musicians at monthly Young Adult Mass and other events.
- Works with the Region 3 Coordinator to oversee sound equipment at various events.
- Responsible to work with the Director and other colleagues to find musicians for the monthly Young Adult Mass.
- Attend all Hispanic Outreach Board Meetings.
- Respond to all inquiries through the website and phone calls pertaining to Hispanic Young Adult Outreach.
- Attend leader meetings.
- Answer phones at office when necessary.
- Represent the Archdiocese in a professional and positive manner.
- Implement all that is asked from the Director of Office of Young Adult Outreach.
- Complete on time all assignments given by the Operations Manager.
- Meet with every young adult leader from the Hispanic Young Adult community at least once a year.
- Respond to every email within 48 hours from young adult community.
- Attend at least 3 Young Adult events a week.
- Have at least 3 meetings a week with a priest or young adult in your region.
- Hold at least one young adult event each month for the Hispanic community.
- Hold at least two leaders’ meetings every year.
- Committed to live, and ability to articulate, the teachings of the Catholic Church.
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree.
- Strong leadership experience and abilities.
- Strong social and interpersonal skills.
- Independent worker and thinker who can provide both vision and execution.
- Must be fluent in Spanish.
- Must have a valid driver’s license.
- Marketing and branding abilities. Graphic design skills preferred.